Whos been stashing the "New PP" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying as how 5qt jugs are only $5 after fuel rewards, not to mention other rebates (if you get them), how many of you have been buying it up?

Last edited:
I got two 5qt jugs for my wife's car because of the rebates. I will change soon but the one after that will be about a year.

No.

1. No Shell gas stations convenient to me.

2. I'm trying to use more Green/Recycled type Oils these days.

It won't hurt it to store it after it has been opened. Just screw the cap back on tight. It will be fine. They are not vacuum sealed from the factory, half the jugs I have purchased aren't sealed, let alone air tight. Just get the codes and put the caps back on. No problem at all. All of the codes were unused though, which is good.

$25 for a 5 quart jug with $20 off gas. $1 a quart for Pennzoil Platinum. Not bad.

Originally Posted By: postbeauty
Once the cap is opened, how to store the oil since it is not sealed any more?

Um...when you put the cap back on, it's sealed. I high doubt they are putting nitrogen in the bottles, so there was air in there already. For the stash of Ultra I bought, they are capped more tightly now than when I brought them home from the store. Being open for a minute while I write down the FRN number isn't going to hurt anything.

Originally Posted By: quarterliter
Where do you find these deals? What stores?

All SOPUS oils have the Fuel Rewards Network discounts right now regardless of where you purchase it. It is a $1 per gallon discount on fuel up to 20 gallons per 5 quart jug purchased. You get $20 off gas for every $25 5 quart jug. Pretty good deal considering it makes the oil $1 a quart after the fuel discount.

MUCH better than waiting for a rebate check in the mail!

I got very lucky the other day. While I was roaming the oil section at my local walmart I found 4 5qt jugs with no caps. I was able to negotiate with the manager for $5 each. Talk about a great score.

Originally Posted By: richport29
I take it the rebate is under the cap?

Yes but dont tell anyone, people might start stealing the caps off the bottles
33.gif

Last edited:
Yea I read a post recently that said a Walmart had sopus bottles off regular shelves and had to ask tire/lube people to get because people were stealing caps.
probably same people that got allergy /cold medicine put behind pharmacy counter too.

Last edited:
I am enjoying the fact that I have oil changes for the next 5 years on both of my vehicles for less than $10 each with the filters. Really, paying for the oil is like prepaying for gas for the next couple of months.....

My Subaru has Tokyo Roki OEM filters and my Honda has OEM Filtech filters.

I feel I have a pretty quality setup now. Now, what to do about differential oil in the Subaru? I am not paying Amsoil a PC fee anymore after stashing this amount of oil. Plus, Amsoil customer service wouldn't let me switch who got my commission from some random person to Pablo from here. Sorry Pablo, I called and tried...to no avail. That is what honestly made me even consider doing this in the first place....

(I am leaning toward buying a couple cases of Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 before my PC membership runs out later this year)

I forgot to mention, 16 of the 20 5 quart jugs I have purchased are the older label version. I wonder if it is all the new GTL anyway....

I am good with the older version for a while either way. It is a good lube.

Can someone explain how this works ?

On the fuel rewards network web site they have a "Leaderboard of Savings" in which some people are paying $0.01 cents per gallon.

How is this possible? Do they allow you to enter multiple codes to reduce the price to almost zero ?

Why stash the new? Locally both PU 5w-20 and 10w-30 still on Walmart shelves. Been collecting them alternately every time I go in. Stashing that until I clean them out or someone else does, then I would probably only collect the new PP GTL 10w-30 because I love that NOACK. Will use it for summer fill, and then switch to PU 5w-20 for winter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back