Stadium Trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they are doing some races with Indy as a support race. The Long Beach race will be televised on NBCSports Saturday at 1AM right before F1 qualifying. This looks like it might be fun. Lots of power slides, rubbing, and jumps.

I was at the race and they are all that and a bag of chips. They ran right before the Indy Cars and I enjoyed their race more. Those trucks really are awesome.

I think it is more of a SoCal type sport, same idea why Raptors sell like hotcakes here. Our version of offroading is miles and miles of desert.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Stadium trucks and Global RallyCross....the new NASCAR?

I hope these 2 series don't get as bad as NASCAR.........

Originally Posted By: whip

Yes, same here!!

(Although the 'team orders' issue did rear it's ugly head in the WRC a few times in the past.
frown.gif
)

Are we talking about SST Trucks?

I first saw the Super Stadium Trucks at Crandon one year for the offroad races.

Robbie Gordon brought a handeful of these trucks all spec'd the same and did a short demo race.

Said they were designed to run motorcross type circuits.

^ I do believe we're talking about the same trucks. They mentioned that Robbie made the trucks.

I'm kind of excited to see these trucks at the Belle Isle GP later next month. I watched part of a street race they were at last year (can't remember which city) and it was wild watching these trucks catch big air on city streets and do these HUGE 3-wheeled drifts around corners with their off-road tires
grin.gif
the race I watched only fielded 6 trucks, which is fine I guess. But it'd be nice to see more.

yes they have a ton of suspension travel.

at the Crandon offroad track they were constantly lifting one wheel into corners and a few trucks were even up on 2 wheels.

and they whip right around like nothing.

they basically said they were like a pro-lite truck but had the full motor of the larger Pro-2's and Pro-4's

i believe they run around 800 horse.

Originally Posted By: whip

yeah i gave up on Nascar with all the restrictions etc. and unless its a short track its just plain boring. the races would be much more enjoyable to watch if they weren't 500 laps long.

Offroad and dirt track is much more fun to watch, more eventful and more real driving.

its not about speed its about intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back