Another P1 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off a 2006 Acura RSX. 11,000 miles on the filter. Over all the filter looks good. I didn't see any tear or defects like I have seen on some of the other P1's posted here. I took these pics with my iPad. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: Padawan
How easily did the end caps come off?

X2 good question. I hope they didn't just pop off. Otherwise this filter looks very good to me.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: Padawan
How easily did the end caps come off?

X2 good question. I hope they didn't just pop off. Otherwise this filter looks very good to me.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

The end caps seemed to come off fairly easy, but since this is the first filter I've every cut open, I have nothing to compare it to. It would seem to me that the leaf spring would provide enough pressure to keep filter element assembly secure in the canister, but since I am no filter expert, maybe I'm wrong. Your welcome for me cutting it open. Happy to do so.

Looks good, and if the caps didn't fall off then they were still bonded. And even if they did, as long as the potting is intact (which it appears to be) and the leaf spring functioning properly (holding element), it's not a bypass issue.

At a substantial 11k mi oci, no tears, looks like it held and did it's job. Got your monies worth out of this one. Currently running same filter to a 10-15%MM oci in an Accord.

How long (time) did it take to accomplish the 11k oci?

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Looks good, and if the caps didn't fall off then they were still bonded. And even if they did, as long as the potting is intact (which it appears to be) and the leaf spring functioning properly (holding element), it's not a bypass issue.

At a substantial 11k mi oci, no tears, looks like it held and did it's job. Got your monies worth out of this one. Currently running same filter to a 10-15%MM oci in an Accord.

How long (time) did it take to accomplish the 11k oci?

Thanks for the pics.

Yeah, the caps did not fall off and the potting is intact as far as I can see. This is the same filter that I'm running on my Civic. I go to 15% on the MM which is usually about 7500 miles.

This is off my daughter's car. It took her 6 months to rack up the 11K.

Nice Pix! Thanks!
thumbsup2.gif

JP

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
End discs aren't necessary to stay glued on. Still it's re assuring to know they required force to remove.

The Wix's and the ACDelco's I've cut open would be impossible to pop the end caps off. Not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back