Honda Blue Coolant mixing with Regular Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm changing the thermostat on my civic and want to drain and refill the cooling system. Can you mix Honda Blue Coolant with regular green coolant that you get from autozone? The car currently has green in it.

Pep boys has the Asian POAT formulation of antifreeze. The brand name is OEM, its made by Rechochem in Canada. Comes in pink, blue, grn.,red. Twenty dollars a gallon for full strength. They stock it in my local store. If your unsure of what type is in the car now, I suggest a flush and refill.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: larry007
Pep boys has the Asian POAT formulation of antifreeze. The brand name is OEM, its made by Rechochem in Canada. Comes in pink, blue, grn.,red. Twenty dollars a gallon for full strength. They stock it in my local store. If your unsure of what type is in the car now, I suggest a flush and refill.

First I've heard this and after confirming on the PB website, this is a very intriguing option for Asian vehicles. If this is a concentrated extended/long life Asian PHOAT, which it appears to be, this would be a very good option to Asian oem AF which generally only come as a premix. It would make doing a complete flush much easier and at $20/gal more cost effective on Asian vehicles. Looks like they've tried to match the color of the oem AF too. Very interesting, and nice find.

To the OP, I would not mix original/conventional green with Honda Type2. I'd try and get as much of the green out as possible with distilled flush series or some equivalent method, then buy/use enough Type2 to get to get to a ~50% concentration. But having had to do this in the past it can be wasteful. Or better yet, and even though it's new to me, I'd use the PB oem blue concentrate and distilled water to a 50% concentration.

This thread imo, should be moved to the AF/coolant board.

Originally Posted By: mrcoolguy
I'm changing the thermostat on my civic and want to drain and refill the cooling system. Can you mix Honda Blue Coolant with regular green coolant that you get from autozone? The car currently has green in it.

I would not mix any coolant.

I wouldn't mix any of the Japanese coolants (Honda, Nissan, Toyota) with regular green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back