Almost new Primeguard 4612 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be a super nice looking/quality filter that is not name brand..dont know who makes it...this filter has 2 days use on a 3-cyl kubota d902 and conventional hd 15w40.it is very heavy and solid feeling compared to the mileguard/fram ocod.

Last edited:
That is a nice looking filter. I like the cross reference painted right on the side of the can.

I just took a PrimeGard off of a vehicle that I recently purchased. The miles that were on the filter are unknown. I was going to cut it to inspect the internals, but you beat me to it. Nobody locally sells them (I bought the vehicle about 500 miles away), so I was curious about them. Thanks for the post.

Looks similar internally to AAP's Driveworks. Coil spring, directional flutes in the center tube, metal crimp vs. glued pleat.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Why cut it up after only 2 days in service?

I don't know but I'm not complaining.
smile.gif

They're a quality budget filter.

For those interested, the POF4612/POF4622 is often called for in Mazda, Nissan, and Honda applications.

Last edited:
Country of origin? China? A google search of this site including link below indicates that to be the case. Seems to now be a widely used jobber, quick lube filter. As mentioned, does seem very similar/same in construction to the AAP DriveWorks filter, and they use the same modified Puro numbering system. Like the DW they do appear to have solid construction. This one is the equivalent to the shorty 14612/6607. Why only two days use?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3030057/1

Similar to the AAP Driveworks and Pronto Filters I have in stock for the vehicles I maintain. Nice filters and nice prices. I like the construction. They don't appear to have scrimped on quality, which makes these [censored] good values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back