Anyone use NEO oil anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use this stuff? I remember years ago it kinda had a niche following as one of the best high end synthetic oils. I totally forgot about them and just did a google search to see if they were still in business. Which it appears they are, however I have not heard anything about them in some time. The website is pretty dated, and it seems strange to me that there are not any specs online for their engine oil.

Nah, that's Airbus
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: dparm
Their gear lubes and brake fluids are more appealing to me.

Yes, I believe that they still manufacture that $500.00/ounce CV joint grease for the F1 teams, and their 610 brake fluid is comparable to Motul/Prospeed/HTX 600/etc.

Back in the 80's when I raced 3wheelers I was sponsored by Neo oil. They wanted me to run it @ 100:1. I did and the engine kept seizing. I Started mixing the Neo @ 50:1 and it stopped seizing.

Those 250R barrels were getting expensive.

I would sometimes see it in local speed parts places, but it never got my attention.

Oils with lead based additives? I thought only some gasoline products had lead additives.

I just sent in a sample of neo's 10w30 to blackstone. I will post in the voa section when I get the results. I think they might've reforumlated their oil, they stated in an email that they no longer use lead as an additive. We'll see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back