Nokian WR G3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last fall I put Nokian WR G3 tires on my Mom's 2009 Ford Fusion (3.0L V6 FWD). She had a terrible time with the Michelin OE tires it came with last winter. In one particular instance, she was leaving for work and the "bump" of snow that had built up at the garage door caused her rear end to lose lateral traction and slide into the garage.
I selected the WR G3s as I wanted good snow performance in a tire I could leave on year round. She only does 5k miles a year so the fact they dont have a high treadwear rating does not bother me. I didnt see the point in swapping between two sets of tires and only putting 3k miles/year on one and 2k on the other.
So anyway, the reason I decided to make this post was we got about 4 inches Thursday night/early Friday morning. When she left for work our neighborhood roads were still pretty fresh and the main roads had hard pack/ice.
She actually called me after she got to work and told me she was very impressed with the tires. "Wow, I have traction!" She wanted to go back and drive it again. (!) I was kind of in shock at that point. She's like most drivers that just drive because they need to, and doesn't really notice stuff like that so they must've have really made an impression.
I thought I would put that out there. :p

Nokian makes great tires, next year i plan to put on a set of nokian dedicated winters..for those who dont put too much mileage on their cars the wr g3's are a great all around tire.

Sounds like your mom's driving needs are ideal for the G3. That should work out very well for her.

BTW, it's great that you make the effort to take care of your mom like that. Good job!

the irony of the WR G3 is... it is made of up 2 tires, which is dependent on size.

you have the "A3" and the "D3"

A3:
nokian_WR_A3_iso.png

D3:
nokian_WR_D3_iso.png

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
the irony of the WR G3 is... it is made of up 2 tires, which is dependent on size.

you have the "A3" and the "D3"

A3:
nokian_WR_A3_iso.png

D3:
nokian_WR_D3_iso.png

Definitely the A3. I put on 215/55R17 instead of the factory 225/50R17. Has the same load rating but was cheaper by about $20/tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back