China four wheeler ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stay away from Chinese. We've had a battle with them lately.

1) Bob's 50cc Chinese monkey bike broke a crank! The replacement engine cost $400 on the 'bay. It just quit too. No idea why but it's not something simple.

2) Robert (my other friend Bob, hahaha) has 2 Chinese ATV's. They both quit running within a month of each other. In both cases, the Stator AND the CDI ign's were bad. $300 and many annoying months later, he procured the replacement parts. Only to find out that they did not fit correctly and were "universal Chinese 90cc in nature" It was up to you to figure it out. The stress, phone calls, driving and non returnable parts were nothing but trouble.

Please don't do it.

I wrestled over that decision a few years back. finally ended up with a Polaris.

if you go the Chinese route, check all of the fasteners for tightness. check all adjustments. be very careful prepping it for storage. don't know why but those carbs seem much fussier than some others when stored with old gas.

I have a 6 year old Giovanni Mini Hummer 110cc ATV. Its made for kids, no doubt. I bought it new off ebay for $350. After a year it wouldn't start and needed a new stator. So I called the company they sent me 2 of them for free (i just paid for postage). There is little questioning that it is not a name brand noting its general shape and construction, however for kids just starting out it has disc brakes, tether strap kill switch, fully functioning lighting and it actually goes well enough to haul me around year after year.

It is pretty reliable actually, I have never had much problem with it. It continues to run to this day and I have beat on it, and so have my kids. I wouldn't spend more than you are willing to...otherwise move to a name brand and prepare to shell out many times more. For me and my purposes it works just fine.

If you do get one, choose good customer service oriented company, it makes all the difference.

I have a Suzuki 2008 King Quad 750 and a 2007 Yamaha Wolverine 350 in my stable as well so I do have a frame of reference when it comes to brand names.

Last edited:
Keep checking your local want adds for a used Honda TRX90. They can go as low as the new price of that Chinese machine. Much more stable, 4 speed auto tranny meaning it can climb a hill from a stop since it has torque. Parts are readily available and you will be able to recoup probably most of your money after a few years.

I have had 4 Chinese ones and they did amazing things for a while but every bushing developed incredible amounts of slop, the chassis metal must be 10% lead because it bends so easy and bending it back it breaks. The electrical is quite low quality as well. They are also quite narrow when compared with the Japanese machines.
I always wanted a Japanese kids machine. I never thought I could afford a real Honda kids quad but after weeks of searching I found some cheap ones. One was ridiculously cheap at $350. I put in another $100 and voila an under $500 2006 TRX90 that ran great. It will sell here for $1750 if we had to. So if your willing to search around and wait for a deal they are out there. A used Japanese machine is still a far better choice than a brand new Chinese atv / bike.

I agree with Landrew, look for a good used Honda,Kawasaki,Yamaha,Suzuki,I just bought a
2001 Kawa Bayou 220 for $650 one-owner, needed
a battery, and carb clean out and was good to
go.

Best Regards,

Zedrone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back