Who Makes Super Tech Dino And Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes super tech conventional and synthetic engine oil in NJ ?
It seems to be a great oil any input would be great
How about quality i did not see any uoa's on super tech but i did not look so hard either.

The bottle shape and the stamp on the bottom of the bottle will tell you who made it.

The dead give away is that XOM supertech will have the Mobil 5000 jug design but different color/label unless they have changed that...

Originally Posted By: Brenden
The bottle shape and the stamp on the bottom of the bottle will tell you who made it.

The dead give away is that XOM supertech will have the Mobil 5000 jug design but different color/label unless they have changed that...

I believe if it's made by Warren it will have "WPP" (Warren Performance Products) marked on the bottom of the bottle.

If it is made by Mobil,it will look like a Mobil product.

If it is Warren Performance, it will have either a WPP or a WNE on the bottom of the product.

Latest info for Super Tech High Mileage oils made by WPP/WNE

If you want the info for the regular oil, go to

Oil

and look at their oils, they should be the same or very close to ST.

5W-30

Visc. @ 40 C-61.86

Visc. @ 100 C-10.44

Visc. Index-158

Pour Point (F) -49

Cold Cranking Sim. at(C),cP- 6235 -30(C)

High Tempature/High Shear Vis. at 100C,cP-6.96

High Temp/High Shear Vis. at 150C,cp-3.09

NOACK Volatility,% Loss-14.7

Zinc,wt%-.085

Phosphorus,wt%-.077

Calcium,wt%-.250

Sulfur,wt%-.298

Boron,wt%-.018

Shear Stability-8.63

API SN-Approved

Meets API SM,SL

ILSAC GF-5-Approved

Meets ILSAC GF-4

-----------------------------------------------------------------

10W-30

Visc. @ 40 C-65.71

Visc. @ 100 C-9.97

Visc. Index-136

Pour Point (F) - -44

Cold Cranking Sim. at(C),cP- 5748- -25(C)

High Tempature/High Shear Vis. at 100C,cP-7.3

High Temp/High Shear Vis. at 150C,cp-3.1

NOACK Volatility,% Loss-11.9

Zinc,wt%-.085

Phosphorus,wt%-.077

Calcium,wt%-.25

Sulfur,wt%-.298

Boron,wt%-.018

Shear Stability-8.63

API SN-Approved

Meets API SM,SL

ILSAC GF-5-Approved

Meets ILSAC GF-4

---------------------------------------------------------

10W-40

Visc. @ 40 C-109.7

Visc. @ 100 C-15.53

Visc. Index-150

Pour Point (F) - -38

Cold Cranking Sim. at(C),cP- 6757- -25(C)

High Temp/High Shear Vis. at 150C,cp-3.86

NOACK Volatility,% Loss-13.5

Zinc,wt%-.085

Phosphorus,wt%-.079

Calcium,wt%-.169

Sulfur,wt%-.294

Boron,wt%-.230

Molybdenum,wt%-.0079

Shear Stability-8.63

API SN-Approved

Meets API SM,SL

Originally Posted By: Brenden

With the quart bottles, the shape isn't quite like the Mobil bottles - Super 5000, Super HM, or Super Synthetic. Those have corners, ridges, and texture to the bottles. However, it seems to come from the same molds as Exxon Superflo bottles.

Supert51.jpg
exxonsuperflo10w30cas_12.jpg
Mobil%20Super%202.jpg

Ive always read/ heard that super tech stuff was recycled.. At least with the ATF and ATF+4.

Not sure about their oils and such though.

Even if they are recycled, which, in the US they are not, they meet API specifications and other licensing standards (DEX III, ATF+4) and are up to the quality expected.

There are worse oils, IMO, than supertech.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

There are worse oils, IMO, than supertech.

That's not saying very much - sounds like you don't have a very high opinion of the oil.
I ran a search on Super Tech and surprisingly, there's been very little discussion about it.

I like it. I ran it in my Cherokee for a bit before I switched to RT6.

I ran a few OCIs on ST 5w-30 Syn , then last winter I ran with a 5w-30 / 5w-20 blend on ST dino. Seemed to work well ... it didn't make any bad noises or sludge up.

UOAs show that it's an excellent value for the money - just like MS5K. RT6 seems to work better in the old 4.0s according to UOAs.

I'm still under warranty in my Focus, so I'm stuck with oils that meet Mr Ford's spec, but, if I decided to do short OCIs with cheap oil (opposed to 10K+ with syn 0w-20) - ST will be a strong contender.

A lot of people think cheap is bad. At the Price Point of ST (both syn and conventional) it is a good oil.

Last edited:
I've said this before - but one of my buddies runs it in his old Chrysler minivan with 290K miles on the clock. He's gone as far as 18k miles on an OCI adding 3 or 4 qts top off - with the ST Synthetic. His engine is so quiet, you can barely hear it run.

Originally Posted By: orlzx6r
I believe if it's made by Warren it will have "WPP" (Warren Performance Products) marked on the bottom of the bottle.
Not to be confused with Warren Petroleum or other Warren outfits.

http://www.wd-wpp.com/about.html
"Our Council Bluffs manufacturing facility, Warren Performance Packaging, includes more than 255,000 square feet on 7 acres along the Missouri River, just north of Interstate 80. At that plant, Warren blends lubricating oils and chemicals for automotive applications and makes plastic bottles. Packaging operations include the manufacture of plastic bottles (from 8 fluid ounces to 2.5 gallon) and the filling of such with lubricants and chemicals, as well as packaging in 5-gallon pails, drums, totes, and bulk transport loading. Much of the product made at the plant is packaged for private label marketers...."

Probably not re-refined base oil in the U.S., but who knows? And the quality has shown to be OK. The only exception was a recall of some gear oil a couple of years ago that did not meet spec.

So we know that Warren or Exxon makes Walmarts supertech oil.

Does this mean it will be the SAME EXACT blend chemically? I was considering using Supertech for my saturn, after i try all the high mileage oils on the market a few times.. (if they dont help with consumption) And I am a bit OCD, and will only want to top up with the same oil i filled with, if they are different formulations I will look at other inexpensive alternatives

Supertech is similarly priced to other average oils out there like Quaker State and Mobil Super 5k.

I'm sure they are perfectly safe to use in a modern car and older cars, but I wouldn't try and see if they can go for over 5,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: accent2012
Supertech is similarly priced to other average oils out there like Quaker State and Mobil Super 5k.

I'm sure they are perfectly safe to use in a modern car and older cars, but I wouldn't try and see if they can go for over 5,000 miles.
Yah, that is how I feel. WM doesn't advertise the stuff. Think about the ad budget for Mobil 1 Or Castrol, etc. WM doesnt have NASCAR team.
laugh.gif

I put 200 K miles on a 150 K mile 528e. The engine had never been apart. Or the auto transmission either. Most of that was either Mobil 5K or WM supertech 20 w 50. Same with the ATF. I did put Mobil 1 75 w 90 in the diff . It stopped the chattering clutches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back