RedCell Motorsports testing of Auto-Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
24MAY2006:
Just to begin to document, I have started Auto-Rx in my "beater" 1991 Acura Integra (1.8L). Just about every system in the vehicle has problems so I figured that this would make a good test mule. All systems are at 170,000 miles. The power steering leaks, the auto tranny shifts poor, and the motor has had a slight loss of compression as well as a cam seal leak and what looks to be (without tearing into it) a rear main seal leak. Additional problems are a leak in the oil pan and a small leak (noted on UOA) in the head gasket.

Currently application has been made to the motor, tranny, and power steering system. I am about 500 miles into the first treatment phase so far. The tranny appears to shift a little better (may be snake oil effect). The power steering is still leaking (I would expect as much at this point). The motor is unremarkable.

Stay tuned for updates with the first rinse cycle.

06JUNE2006:
Well it has been 1,000 miles since the application and it is time for the rinse cycle.

Observations so far (prior to rinse):
-Power Steering leak has slowed
-Engine leak has greatly slowed (no more leaking from the cam shaft seal)
-Transmission has had no change.

Stay tuned for after rinse results soon. I did not have room in the shop to pull the valve cover for before pictures however I am going to attempt to pull the cover as I do the fluid change for the rinse later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back