Ford trucks vs Toyota trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you live an hour away from a toyota dealer, and with 5-10 miles of a big three dealer, I wouldn't buy a toyota.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Man, Toyota just can't be beat!

Warranted service at over 250k miles!!!

Outstanding in every way...

kind of a dim witted response. all makes will "warranty" certain defects .

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
The "problem" of people using big trucks to haul nothing will go away when gas/diesel goes up to $8 a gallon like in england- 12 gallons US$100.

no trucks on the road

When did that become a problem?

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Man, Toyota just can't be beat!

Warranted service at over 250k miles!!!

Outstanding in every way...

kind of a dim witted response. all makes will "warranty" certain defects .

Kind of a DULL retort as well. You seriously believe the story as presented?

I'm not that gullible.

I find warranty work at 250k hard to swallow too. For 1995 though I think it was the 3.4 V6 and not the problematic 3.0 for T100, best I can tell on Wikipedia. Maybe it was a 3.0 and the dealer was just being nice?

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
The "problem" of people using big trucks to haul nothing will go away when gas/diesel goes up to $8 a gallon like in england- 12 gallons US$100.

no trucks on the road

Yep.

So will all the service companies. What about your plumber, carpet cleaner, etc.? They are ALL out of business at those prices.

I'm 99% sure those companies exist outside of the States, in countries where gasoline and even diesel costs $8/gallon. Or more.
Sure, and they work real cheap. I friend of mine with an electrical contracting business in the UK told me US companies could sell a bunch of full size diesel pickups to UK businesses because the standard UK commercial vehicle can't tow bleep. Ford's offering in the UK, some kind of racer boy "SHO" truck with a big gas V8. GO figure.

You all can not believe it all you want. It is the 3.4 and the HGs were replaced under a recall at 256k. Toyota ran the VIN and determined that my engine had not had the HGs replaced. As part of the repair, the cylinder bores were pitted from the the blown HG so the short block was replaced as well.

I doesn't matter at all to me if you believe me or don't believe me. I KNOW what the facts are and I'm driving the proof to work every day.

I wont speak for others, but I believe you... I have been on Toyota forums long enough to hear the same thing many, many times.

If the head gasket hasnt been replaced, 200k, 250k, 300k+, they are doing them, and taking care of whatever damage the bad gaskets cause. The gaskets in my 3.0 4Runner never failed, so I never had to deal with it personally.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Sure, and they work real cheap.

That was my (unstated) point. They will pass the cost along, like any business. But the business will still exist; they will find ways to cope. Demand will go down, as people will use xyz service less (possibly; do people in Europe call plumbers/contractors/etc less often?) and cost will go up.

If you really think about it you may discover that many different types of businesses use fuel or depend on it. The economic impact of higher prices is far more damaging than most can even comprehend as it will affect virtually anything/everything.

Nothing like higher costs and less demand to send even MORE folks home without work. All the while we sit on huge resources that cannot be used.

Correction - Huge resources that will not be used.

If you really think about it you may discover that many different types of businesses use fuel or depend on it. The economic impact of higher prices is far more damaging than most can even comprehend as it will affect virtually anything/everything.

Nothing like higher costs and less demand to send even MORE folks home without work. All the while we sit on huge resources that cannot be used.

I won't disagree. If fuel prices were to jump today, bad things would happen in the the USA. But is all of Europe sitting around at home, just because of $8/gallon gasoline? Pretty sure they ship lots of things too, and heat homes. They just use more public transportation, and IIRC use less air conditioning.

Just before the Great Recession fuel prices spiked. IIRC people managed. Sure, it was boom times, but just the same, people adjusted. It wasn't until we couldn't borrow money that the bottom fell out.

I hope I don't come across as arguing for higher fuel prices. I'm not. [Not unless if increased taxes went straight towards road improvement, but even that would only be after making sure existing fuel taxes went solely towards road infrastructure.] I just find it a bit Chicken Little to say that high fuel prices would be the death of America.

Sudden high fuel prices would hurt. A gradual ramp up, that was not full of uncertainty probably is not a doomsday scenario.

+1

Too much Corporate and Government greed.

Originally Posted By: supton
I just find it a bit Chicken Little to say that high fuel prices would be the death of America.

No one said anything about the death of America. Just higher unemployment and higher prices for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back