Rockauto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used this site before. I see their prices and shipping is less than local auto parts stores. Anyone have any bad dealings with them? (i.e- wrong part/parts shipped, shipping, parts not in stock, etc.)

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
I've bought over $3k worth of stuff from them in the past 3 years, never had a problem.
+1

I've ordered from them in the past. No issues, but their shipping charges can sometimes be a deal breaker because they'll charge you for shipping individual parts from multiple warehouses. For basic maintenance items, I've found other online places to have better prices.

My struts and shocks are SHOT on my truck. Their whole strut setup is almost $60 cheaper then any auto parts store around here, and that includes shipping. And if I buy all 4 from Monroe I get a $60 rebate also!
Same with their MC spark plugs. They are $2 cheaper each then any parts store, including shipping.
thumbsup2.gif

I like to use them for closeout specials - can get a really good deal. Also they carry common filters not used for automotive stuff at the cheapest prices around.

Amazon can definitely be better if you have Prime. But that's only if you can FIND it at amazon. I have bought a boatload of stuff from rockauto. From time to time, I get a few turkeys. I set out to replace the pads on my Odyssey a month or two back and discovered, when I couldn't make them fit, that I'd been sent the wrong rear pads. I looked back at my order and the rear pads were one of those "closeout specials." Otherwise...great stuff...

The cheapest price I have found local for front struts and rear shocks is about $500 including tax and rebate.
On their site it is almost $160 cheaper!
shocked.gif

Only places I buy auto parts anymore are on the internet, and that includes AAP stock pick ups with code. It's so much easier to compare prices with a few clicks than to call anyone. Plus, I don't like to talk to people on phones.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I have never used this site before. I see their prices and shipping is less than local auto parts stores. Anyone have any bad dealings with them? (i.e- wrong part/parts shipped, shipping, parts not in stock, etc.)

Two weeks ago, I ended up breaking my power steering pressure hose on a saturday afternoon through my own stupidity. I checked around locally for parts prices.

In Canada we get the shaft with prices. The cheapest hose in Canada would be over $200 before taxes of 13%.

I checked Rockauto and similar part was $65 with 50 Fex-ex shipping. I ordered the part on a Sunday and the part was Fex-Ex'd from Ontario California on Monday and was at my house on Tuesday afternoon at 2:15pm.

They are very good and offer a great selection.

Regards, JC.

Originally Posted By: JC1

Two weeks ago, I ended up breaking my power steering pressure hose on a saturday afternoon through my own stupidity. I checked around locally for parts prices.

In Canada we get the shaft with prices. The cheapest hose in Canada would be over $200 before taxes of 13%.

I checked Rockauto and similar part was $65 with 50 Fex-ex shipping. I ordered the part on a Sunday and the part was Fex-Ex'd from Ontario California on Monday and was at my house on Tuesday afternoon at 2:15pm.

They are very good and offer a great selection.

Regards, JC.

13%!
shocked2.gif

And I thought 8.25 was high here in Louisiana!

I've ordered several items from there, and have always found them to be a good deal. I've ordered a MAP sensor and blower motor (both OEM) that was less than half what the local auto parts stores were offering.

Some things may be cheaper on Amazon though. I got a full set of brake pads and rotors from Amazon for less than what Rock Auto had. The pricing on the individual parts was cheaper on Rock Auto, but when shipping was included, Amazon was cheaper.

It always pays to shop around.

RockAuto is a great place to get stuff. But if its something heavy like rotors, sometimes free shipping on Amazon is better only due to shipping.

And sometimes EBAY has some good prices. But I much prefer RockAuto over a local store.

I've always had good service from Rockauto. Good selection of parts and competitive pricing. Still pays to shop around though.

13%!
shocked2.gif

And I thought 8.25 was high here in Louisiana!

Still not as bad as 22% VAT in some countries in Europe.

I love Rock Auto. I think you have a much better chance of gettin.g the correct part from Rock Auto because you pick it out yourself. They have a great selection and very fast shipping. I just received my control arm bushings for my car and valve cover gaskets for my truck for 30 dollars shipped.

I've never used rockauto.com so I can't comment about them. Try an online company called autopartstomorrow.com. I got a pair of quick struts from them and was very pleased with my purchase.

I had the wrong brake parts shipped once. Instead of Wearever drum #1234 I got a rotor #12345 which may have been picked wrong in the warehouse. They sent me the correct part and told me to just throw away the wrong ones.

Their standard shipping is very very fast, sometimes next day.

They come across as barebones. Their warehouses make sense to them. They know this and there's a check box where you can go with different brands of a commodity item if they're in the same warehouse as other parts of your order, so you save on shipping.

That said some "Centric" rotors were heavy and pricey to ship so I froogled the part number and amazon had them with free shipping. They claimed that there was usually a shipping charge but it was "free today". I bit.

Good site with good prices. Google rockauto coupon code when ordering. Typically %5 off which covers all or some of the tax. I use this site to purchase a lot of my parts and will also buy bulk oil filters. Never had an issue and things are always shipped quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back