Almost due for tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Kumho KH25's have 37k+ and still have half the tread and flat wear on all 4 tires, but have started to show some weathering and am looking for tires. Actually, from the day I bought the car (in 2010) I have been pondering replacing them due mainly to them being a little loud. They were like a scalpel in the rain the first half of their life. Best rain tire I've ever owned (when new). Now not so much. A little louder now as well.

Handling and braking has been good throughout in the dry.

Looking at the Michelin Energy Saver and Kumho Ecowing KH30. Price is similar so Michelin would have the edge, as well as history which the Kumho does not have.

I'd go with the Michelin. Look at the primacy mxm4 too.

$70 is a good rebate too.

After the KH25's were done at 20k miles due to poor alignment from the factory, I replaced them with Kuhmo LX Platinum KU27's.They make all the difference in the steering response and directional stability. This is on my '11 Sonata GLS. There is a $50 rebate on 4 at Tire rack and others at the present time. They are a good value IMO. Be sure to get a 4 wheel alignment if you have not already done so.---Oldtommy

Go for the Michelin. Never had anything wrong with any of them I have ever owned. Cannot say that about Goodyear or Firestone. I have had great Cooper's as well.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'd go with the Michelin. Look at the primacy mxm4 too.

$70 is a good rebate too.

+1

There are so many choices...

...What are your preferences? Comfy ride? Brisk handling? Longest tread life? Quietest ride? Best wet traction? Better gas mileage? Lowest initial cost? Lowest cost per mile? No, you can't have all.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
There are so many choices...

...What are your preferences? Comfy ride? Brisk handling? Longest tread life? Quietest ride? Best wet traction? Better gas mileage? Lowest initial cost? Lowest cost per mile? No, you can't have all.

I drive about 7k a year so in a few years they will still have tread but also start weather cracking. I'd prefer good mpg, very good in the rain and decently quiet.

michelin primacy mxm4.. as a plus they handle very well for a grand touring tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back