Poly Ether Amines--Best Bang for your buck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the three products I see widely believed to contain this type of chemical are Techron, Regane, and BG44k.

I think I read on one post that the higher strength of REgane is 20-30% PEAs.

Does anyone know the relative concentrations of the other two (For the techron I know there is a pro gard series that is about 1/2 the concentration of the stronger stuff, but is it less than 1/2 the price?)?

I've heard BG44k is the strongest, but it is also by far the most expensive.

a) does anyone have and data that suggests the concentration of PEAs in the products mentioned above, or perhaps other products I have not mentioned?

b) How much do you pay for those products?

Hopefully with the data gained from this thread we can do some kind of cost/benefit analysis and we'll come up with the fuel system treatment version of GC. Ok not really, no one can touch GC but it would be nice to figure out $/ml of PEAs for each product or somesuch.

Chevron Techron concentrate is the original PEA-based fuel system cleaner. Chevron invented and patented the core PEA technology. It is still claimed (in writing) as "unbeatable" at what it does versus all other similar other products. It is also cheaper and more readily available.

Ok so after searching, I'm back where i started.

So we have Techron, BG44k, and Gumout Regane.

As far as I can tell the BG 44k goes for about $16 per 11 oz. Percentage of PEA, unknown.

Gumout Regane, about $7 for a 12 oz bottle, 30-40% PEA

Chevron Techron Concentrate (not Pro Gard), about $6 for a 12 oz bottle, Percentage of PEA, unknown.

Based on my gut instinct because Chevron is the grand daddy of them all I would guess the Techron is the best BFB but my information is incomplete.

Thoughts?

Redline SI-1 is the cheapest way I know of to get polyester amines! For $5.95 you can treat 100 gallons of fuel at Advanced Auto.

I got some BG-44k on e-bay for a lot cheaper than that! I got four cans for $41, and that includes shipping.

Lumberg, While not a concrete answere look at the treat rates. Techron only treats a 20 gallon tank of fuel. Regaine only treats 20 gallons of fuel. Redline treats up to 100 gallons.

This is just a curiousity question, but would anything detrimental happen if you put the whole bottle into a gas tank of say 15 to 20 gallons of fuel total capacity?

I do realize that the Redline formula is for 100 gallons, but I was curious if the extra level of additives and detergents would really harm anything other than maybe the mileage.

quote:

This is just a curiousity question, but would anything detrimental happen if you put the whole bottle into a gas tank of say 15 to 20 gallons of fuel total capacity?

I do realize that the Redline formula is for 100 gallons, but I was curious if the extra level of additives and detergents would really harm anything other than maybe the mileage.

The instructions are: Initialy use 1 bottle to achieve rapid cleanup, then use 1/3-1/6 oz per gallon (1 bottle 50-100gal) to provide continual injector and valve cleanliness.
It also says its avaible in 5gallon pails. Wonder if myoilshop or Advanced Auto could get that size!?

http://www.redlineoil.com/whitePaper/15.pdf

As 04SpecV was saying - The "100 gallon" number is a maintenence dose. For cleaning, it treats up to 20 gallons, so dump it all in and fill up to 15-20 gallons. Run it till its almost empty, cleans pretty well. Maintenence concentration is similar in concept to FP60. Add a bit at every fillup, one bottle treats up to 100 gallons.

I've also seen surprisingly good results when overdosing on Lucas UCL.

My vote is for Redline as well.

One bottle at 100% concentration in a tank and it will make a drastic cleanup.

My 99 Neon jumped almost 7mpg after the treatment. Really cleaned it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back