2010 Ford F-250 powerstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see. The 6.4 has EGR cooler failures which can hydrolock the motor, can experience meltdown during regen because of super high EGTs, likes make radiators leak, HPCR pump weaknesses, a few poorly ground cams, casting sand in block, makes oil..lol fuel dilution..Did I miss anything??
BUT, It responds to power adders VERY VERY well. I'm just going to keep my 6.slow, it does the job. I had some lady smoking on a bench at HEB, I was up in the front waiting to pick someone up and the smoke started coming through the AC vents.. So I blew her some smoke right back...Hey far is far. I can't stand cigarette smokers...I respond likewise.. an eye for an eye so to speak..I ClOUDED her.. I'm sure she smelled better after that..
grin.gif

My foot just slipped off the brake and onto the throttle..oooppps sorry! lol

Last edited:
Let's review the sick-point-oh's highlights, shall we?

- blocked oil coolers which lead to EGRs cracking, and turbo vanes coking, and head gasket failures
- multiple iterations over the years with the HEUI programming, not the least of which included the annoying "buzz" version in the vain attempt to alleviate stiction
- HEUI issues including HPOP failures, IPR failures, O-ring redesigns, etc
- FICM controller issues resulting in degraded performance and/or outright failure due to low battery voltage damaging the FICM
- cracked crankshaft issues in the early engines
- casting sand the in block (not unlike the 6.4L)
- only 4 head-bolts per cylinder resulting in stretched head-bolts and/or the aforementioned sealing issues; a design carried into the 6.4L BTW

Shall I go on? Like I said, the 6.4L is an outgrowth in many ways of the 6.0L. While I agree that the 6.4L engine did nothing to improve the image of Ford diesel offerings, let us not forget it was the 6.0L engine that ruined that formerly excellent reputation in the first place! So I see your statement that the 6.4L engine is "junk" relative to the 6.0L spurious at best.

And I'll add this, since you thought it important to bring up, and we're already off topic ...
Your actions towards the smoker did nothing but solidify the outward public perception that diesels are dirty and should be banned or at least heavily regulated. It is unclear from your statements if you smoked her with engine exhaust and/or tire smoke, but neither is as impressive as your immature perception might lead you to believe. While I have no problem with guys and gals that want to "power up" and put on a smoke demonstration at an off-road event and such, I no value in what your did out on the street. On behalf of responsible diesel owners, I'd ask that you grow up. You didn't convince her to stop cigarette smoking; you convinced her that you're immature, and she probably now applies that perception to every diesel owner she'll ever see. I, for one, really like my diesel Dmax, and realize that the current proliferation of emission controls on diesels is, in no small part, due to the likes of you going overboard to pollute. Thanks for all that ... I'm sure you'll have a smart retort because "far is far", after all
crazy2.gif

OH it was diesel soot.. ROTFLMAO.. she was chocking. just like I would have been if I was 6' from her..Again, she doesn't HAVE TO smoke in a public place. Smoking in public is rude, nasty and only done by inconsiderate people. So I give them a dose of their own....

Originally Posted By: dnewton3

Your actions towards the smoker did nothing but solidify the outward public perception that diesels are dirty and should be banned or at least heavily regulated. It is unclear from your statements if you smoked her with engine exhaust and/or tire smoke, but neither is as impressive as your immature perception might lead you to believe. While I have no problem with guys and gals that want to "power up" and put on a smoke demonstration at an off-road event and such, I no value in what your did out on the street. On behalf of responsible diesel owners, I'd ask that you grow up. You didn't convince her to stop cigarette smoking; you convinced her that you're immature, and she probably now applies that perception to every diesel owner she'll ever see. I, for one, really like my diesel Dmax, and realize that the current proliferation of emission controls on diesels is, in no small part, due to the likes of you going overboard to pollute. Thanks for all that ... I'm sure you'll have a smart retort because "far is far", after all
crazy2.gif

He's bragged about the smoke show before. Needs no encouragement. Karma can be tough on some of us. He'll get his someday.

One of the BEST things about my Dmax is no smoke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back