lubro moly moS2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: skunkship
Ceretec which has some Moly, Boron and the secret Ceramic particles from the EU space program.

Are you sure its not gold dust from NASA?
crazy2.gif

You can buy the Gold additive:
Gold oil additive.

Related NASA paper:
Nasa oil additives.

I wish you would tell us the stuff you smoke or drink.

Yea and send some this way!
11.gif

Originally Posted By: skyship
Originally Posted By: skunkship
Ceretec which has some Moly, Boron and the secret Ceramic particles from the EU space program.

Are you sure its not gold dust from NASA?
crazy2.gif

You can buy the Gold additive:
Gold oil additive.

Related NASA paper:
Nasa oil additives.

Where in that 1981 paper does it say NASA is using a gold additive in oil?
I don't see Gold being mentioned as an element in that additive either.

What are you playing at here?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: panthermike
Reviving an old thread here but thought that it could serve as an update thread for anyone rather than starting a new one.

I've used the LM Mos2 product for 15K miles total and the Corolla is running well as usual. I've decided that I'm going to run 1/2 can every OCI. I feel that the product is beneficial. Also, it would be nice to have feedback on this site from more people with long-term usage of Mos2. So the Corolla will be the "guinea pig".

Go for it. I've been adding MoS2 to my mower for probably 5 seasons now. Blue smoke would come out each time I started this machine, the engine came from the trash. MoS2 has eliminated that since I started using it. The machine is 15 years old now, and had both dino and synthetic oil used in it [major brand top tier oils]. It slowed consumption for two buddies I turned onto it. I believe it fills small scuffs and voids as an added unadvertised benefit.

When seeking info get it from people who've actually used the product. Information showing the positives and negatives from users can be very useful. Some people are quick to spout off negative comments from products they've never used because they think they know everything. Good luck, you won't be disappointed.

Good advice Frank, that's how I've tried various products in the past; based on real experience by regular people. I've tried ARX with limited results. I even tried Lucas because our old Corolla burned 1qt/600 miles when we traded it in. However, the Lucas made the motor tick badly on cold start. But I tried it for myself and now I know that I prefer not to use Lucas. MMO, Mos2, and Biotech have all made a "positive" impact when I've used them; whether for cleaning or noise reduction.

Skyship, I don't have unlimited oil related resources or chaps in the lab; but I have experimented with many products because I wanted to. My motor is quieter with Mos2 than without. The car runs great. There is a member here who's father used Mos2 for the life of his 400K(IIRC) mile van, and he himself has been using it since the 90's with vehicles that had 200K+. Before you mention insoluables, I'm not concerned with 0.2-0.5 micron particles of Mos2. If my motor has issues down the road I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath.

I'm approaching 10k on my Jeep with a steady diet of MoS2. Gas mileage is at an all time high, and I can not think of a single negative other than having to make a special trip to Napa to get it.

I will continue to use it.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I'm approaching 10k on my Jeep with a steady diet of MoS2. Gas mileage is at an all time high, and I can not think of a single negative other than having to make a special trip to Napa to get it.

I will continue to use it.

My 00 Century is liking it mixed into Formula Shell 5W30.

I am with you Trav. That one website where they are selling that oil supplement looks like the typical scam oil supplement website. It is totally different than the Lubegard website. I would not buy that oil supplement.

And I can't see where gold is mentioned in that NASA paper either.

Where Skyship gets the idea that NASA is using gold an an oil additive based on that article is beyond my understanding.

Not sure if this has been asked before if it has please provide the link

When using the MOS2 is it best to pour the MOS2 straight into the engine and then add the engine oil

or

premix it with the engine oil using the recommended 5% ratio before pouring it into the engine

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: virginoil

When using the MOS2 is it best to pour the MOS2 straight into the engine and then add the engine oil

or

premix it with the engine oil using the recommended 5% ratio before pouring it into the engine

Why would it make any difference? it will mix in 5 minutes or so?

I pour about 2 qts of oil into the engine then add the MoS2. After that I mix the oil needed to fill the sump into the almost empty MoS2 bottle shake it up and pour it into the engine. I repeat this several times until I fill my sump. I found not doing it this way leaves a lot of MoS2 remaining in the bottle. When I'm done I start the engine and run some errands. It mixes through just fine as already mentioned.

Originally Posted By: Russell

or

Why would it make any difference? it will mix in 5 minutes or so?

That exactly my question phrased differently. It there any advantage to either method other than a premix will have the correct ratio should top up be required.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I pour about 2 qts of oil into the engine then add the MoS2. After that I mix the oil needed to fill the sump into the almost empty MoS2 bottle shake it up and pour it into the engine. I repeat this several times until I fill my sump. I found not doing it this way leaves a lot of MoS2 remaining in the bottle. When I'm done I start the engine and run some errands. It mixes through just fine as already mentioned.

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like if you premixed the MOS2 into the engine oil container if will be difficult to full drain it and requires flushing out.

Last edited:
I add the MOS2 to a half full bottle of oil using the see through ounce indicator molded into the bottle. That way I can determine how much MOS2 I want to add. Usually 4 ounces for a 3 3/4 quart oil change.

Originally Posted By: harry j
I add the MOS2 to a half full bottle of oil using the see through ounce indicator molded into the bottle. That way I can determine how much MOS2 I want to add. Usually 4 ounces for a 3 3/4 quart oil change.

Good idea! I'm going to try that.

I do the same when I added very thick VSOT to my engines, I shake it well then left it in the engine compartment(away from the exhaust pipes) the day before I changed the oil, the bottle was very warm when I poured the mix into the engine, the fluid was fairly thin and very easy to pour.

I now use 1/2 oz per quart of oil because I'm on the last 3-4 bottles.

When you add the MOS2 to oil does it mix well or does the MOS2 cling to wall of the container / bottle ?

After you pour it out does the bottle require flushing to fully remove all of the MSO2 that was added ?

I got the impression it mixes fairly well and pours well, but there is no mention of any residue MSO2 that may be left inside the bottle.

Any comments to clarify this are appreciated.

Last edited:
I will have to examine the container's wall next oil change, i'm sure there will be a small amount that clings to the inside of the can.

I will have to examine the container's wall next oil change, i'm sure there will be a small amount that clings to the inside of the can.

You got that right!

When you add the MOS2 to oil does it mix well or does the MOS2 cling to wall of the container / bottle ?

After you pour it out does the bottle require flushing to fully remove all of the MSO2 that was added ?

I got the impression it mixes fairly well and pours well, but there is no mention of any residue MSO2 that may be left inside the bottle.

Any comments to clarify this are appreciated.

The highly concentrated Moly in a can of LM can indeed settle.
I add oil and shake it, then repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back