New design Nissan OEM oil filters cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wifes Nissan Quest took a 15208-9e000 oil filter. A few years ago they went to a Chinese made 15208-9e00c filter. Both the Japan and the China filters had cardboard end caps and were rather unimpressive. Last couple filters I picked up were part # 15208-9e01a and are made in Mexico. I ran one about 5k with Mobil1 High Mileage and cut it open for BITOGERS enjoyment!
I was pleasantly surprised, silicone ADBV, metal endcaps, and nice even pleats.

jc...

2013-01-12164600_zps342d6750.jpg

Opps , the other close up

th_2013-01-12164610_zps1d4f1f01.jpg

It looks funny, I was shining a flashlight on it for better visibility.

Last edited:
Look for a number 91 on the base plate, if so it was made by Gonher. They make decent filters, they just come from the factory a little too dirty for my tastes. Grease, dirt, paint flakes, &c. I always clean the threads before I install them, since that is where the already filtered oil flows. All kinds of black crud comes off the threads. We use a blue one with black letters for taxis and 12 valve work trucks. We used to use a grey one with black lettering for 16 valve work trucks and import/export Nissans, but they switched to the red lettered version in your picture a month ago. At the local Nissan dealer they have a Gonher made Nissan filter cut open on display compared to Interfil, Fram, Gonher, Mann, pirated filters, &c. I pay about $4.50 for the blue ones and about $7 for the red lettered ones.

Looks like a decent filter and I'm glad to see a silicone ADBV. I'm going to advise my nephew to check into whether this filter will fit his Nissan pickup.

There is a 91 on the base plate.
I was wondering who made these, now I know.
Threads looked clean, there was even a piece of plastic shrink wrap over the open end of the filter.

Looks well made, I wonder what the efficiency rating is?

Kinda reminds me of a Mexican Motorcraft.

I wonder if you can differentiate the old nissan filters from these new one's on the basis of the colour.

The newer ones are this Off gray with red font where the old one's were blue.

I need to find out about 15208-V41001, as thats the filter for my VG33E.

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327
Look for a number 91 on the base plate, if so it was made by Gonher. They make decent filters, they just come from the factory a little too dirty for my tastes.

Gonher is Mexican, isn't it?

Although I knew they did some OEM production, I've never encountered them in the retail chain in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back