Can you run a dose of fuel additive routinely ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used with success the Amsoil Performance Improver as a fuel additive / system cleaner.

But am wondering if one uses these additives as suggested i.e. 2oz per 10 gallons if there would ever be any ash fouling of the plugs ?

techron, Regaine, PI all good products but can you run them after the initial clean phase, as a prevent maintenance (sort of keep things clean) as a every tank or every other tank etc ?

What do you guys suggest ?

FP60 is recommended to be run at a maintenance dose unlike many other cleaners that use harsh solvents to shock your system.

I am running Schaeffers' Neutra #131 Fuel Conditioner (cleans and does a whole lot more) continuously at one ounce per gallon and understand that is perfectly safe over the long term. Schaeffers is a site sponsor BTW. Also can put one oz per quart in the oil 500 miles before a change for cleaning.

Last summer I ran STP fuel system addaitves/gas tmts. every tank for thousands of miles. The car ran like a champ, but the oil became "emusified" looking on the dipstick.

Kinda like it was trying to 'bead' or run off the dipstick....ie. there was an effect on the oil, but I'm not sure what....maybe thinned it out? Contaminated it?

I just got FP, so I'll report back as to any visual effects on the oil with it's regular use.

too bad you can't buy the neutra anymore from mark though...he sent me back my check ..said he couldn't sell to private parties anymore...too bad my brother owns a over 50 deisel and gas powered machines and i have been working on him to give shaffers a try ( in fact a rep stops in at his shop every 2-3 month hitting him up) but not anymore....lost me too.
confused.gif

quote:

said he couldn't sell to private parties anymore...

There must be a misunderstanding. I can not ship neutra by individual bottles anymore due to Hazmat regs.
I sell and ship by the case most all of our products to private parties all the time.
Many of which frequent here at bitog.
quote:

my brother owns a over 50 deisel and gas powered machines and i have been working on him to give shaffers a try

He should be considering are best fuel treatments.
Premium Diesel Treat 2000 http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/137ND.pdf
Soyshield
http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/139.pdf
soyultra
http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/131C.pdf

[ April 14, 2005, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: salesrep ]

I have been running PI at the recommended 1 oz per 10 gallons for about 2.5 years now and I haven't had to worry about carbon buildup causing any need to run higher octane fuel. I usually get the cheapest gas and count the less than 4 cents per gallon it cost me against the 5 cents higher price at Chevron. Chevron wasn't cleaning the carbon off the piston and combustion chamber and I was pinging on up to 90 octane. Now running without pinging on 87 octane.

I wouldn't run a gasoline vehicle without it.

It saved the weekend on my brothers seriously neglected boat when his carburator float finally decided to stick. One bottle of PI cleaned it up and he went another year without trouble. Added another bottle at the end of last year so he should be set for another year. I still can't get him to follow a preventive maintenance routine. I would never buy a boat from him.
grin.gif

[ April 14, 2005, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: wulimaster ]

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
Yeah, that's right. I just bought a case of Neutra a couple weeks ago.

So you just bought a case of neutra a week ago but I get my check sent back to me?..ICD can send me gallons of Fuel Power or Lube Control but Mark can't send me a gallon of Neutra? WHY? What hazmat law has suddeny changed in the last few days that we haven't heard about ?

I can not ship neutra by individual bottles anymore due to Hazmat regs.

What does that mean? what type of bottles can you ship it in? twin bottles? a six pack? I tried to order a gallon from you...what type of order does it take?

Actually the case I bought is gallon jugs. I believe the minimum is one carton, which holds 4 gallon jugs.

[ April 15, 2005, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: TallPaul ]

Gentlemen. Here is the deal. Due to neutra's flash point and hazmat classification ups will charge an extra $18. Dhl won't ship ( initially I thought they would).

So it makes no economic sense to ship any size order of neutra on orders less than $250. Orders from Schaeffer,s over 250 are private carrier and hazmat charges do not apply.

As most of you know I charge wholesale plus shipping on smaller orders ( cases of engine oil, trans,gear lube etc.), which I feel is very reasonable, unfortunately I will not be able to offer neutra at all (the exception being that the buyer is willing to pay hazmat charges) unless it is combined with other products to make up a $250 order.

I can ship smaller orders of soyultra and soyshield as they are not hazmat, though the interest simply has not been there.

I hope this clarifies this matter and should any of you know of a method to legally ship neutra without hazmat charges please feel free to pull up our msds sheet and let me know through pm's.

[ April 16, 2005, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: salesrep ]

I just got in before the change. In the future I probably will pay the haz mat fee as I really like the neutra. Or maybe several BIOTGers in an area can pool on a $250 shipment, which I think is about 15 gallons, so 3 to 5 folks could do it. Anyway, at least I know I can still get it in the future. Thanks Salesrep.

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:
I have been running PI at the recommended 1 oz per 10 gallons for about 2.5 years now and I haven't had to worry about carbon buildup causing any need to run higher octane fuel.

What is PI?

I wouldn't run fuel injector cleaners constantly.

I used to until I noticed white deposits on the plugs when I changed them.

I've used the Amsoil Performance Improver (PI) fuel additive at 1.0-1.5 ounces per ten gallons of fuel for the past twenty plus years. It seems to keep the injectors very clean and even my high mileage Audi 100 (228,500 miles) runs fine on 87 Octane fuel, even in the summer. The spark plugs stay very clean, although I haven't run a "control" where I didn't use PI for an extended period for comparison. I carry a 16 ounce bottle in the trunks of both my vehicles and add it before filling up.

I have looked at my lawnmower carbs that use PI in the fuel and they are spotless.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back