Favourite or Most used Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some tools it seems I like to use, or just seem to call upon a lot. Regardless of quality or price.

Here are some:

Richards Bar Scraper. http://www.homedepot.ca/product/lever-bar-scraper-10-inch/800997
Actually I have two. Very handy for removing trim, levering, scraping, lots of uses.

Bosch 1587vs jig saw: This I considered a luxury tool when I bought it 20 years ago, at the time I thought a jig saw had limited use. But this model works so well, in all sorts of situations, it's a saw I take with me 'just in case'

Headband LED flashlight: $2 delivered from China, but invaluable for Hands free light. I just ordered another as the elastic is loosing it's stretch after 2 years.

Husky 1/4" drive socket set with screwdriver bits: The extension bar fit the chuck of my cordless drill, so in one small set, I know I can undo just about any small fastener.

What do you like?

Last edited:
Channellocks. The best groove-joint pliers made.

In electrical tools, anything by Milwaukee. I use a Hole-Hawg a fair amount, and it is, of course, massively powerful and reliable. I also like their M18 and M12 cordless tools.

T-handle socket drivers like this:
08-0159.jpg

Great tool, I hate when I'm without them.

The FUBAR, in the smaller yellow size. Its just as good as the larger grey one that is 2x as much. Sometimes you just have to hit your target multiple times, which is fine if you need to get some aggression out. Ive used it to tear down a fallen fence, tear down an old entertainment center, and used it to drive in regular nails in said repaired fence using the hammer side.

stanley-fatmax-xl-fubar.jpg

Husky mini screwdriver set, #74501

obfF0.jpg

I'm an IT nerd and work on computers (mainly laptops) for a living. This thing is perfect. I use it every day for something. Best $6 I've ever spent.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Husky mini screwdriver set, #74501

Ha! I got this little Husky mini stubby set for x-mas a few years back. Surprisingly useful and very portable.

Husky%20Tool%20Set.jpg

I always use my Swiss Army knife. I stopped carrying one all the time after 911. My wife went to Switzerland though and bought me a very cool one and I use it at work and home from everything to changing a light switch to opening a bottle of wine.

Leatherman tool and a 12v test light at work.
1/4" socket set with a Kolbalt 80 something tooth round head ratchet for home. A full set of GearWrench ratcheting combo wrenches are a close second..

Dave

Snap Ons fine tooth ratchets are amazing. I have 4 and they all work great, such a huge improvement over the standard tooth.
Mac Tools 1/4" slim head air ratchet. What I like it theres no moving gears on the back of the head, so when working in tighter sport you have no fear of hitting anything as the bolt comes out. With the snap on 1/4, besides the head thickness, the moving directional switch rotates with the head.
Snap On 1/2 drive 18V electric impact. I used to do roadside for BMW, and Mercedes and I tried all of the electric impacts. Snap On was the strongest, and its still going 6 years later. I prefer it to traditional air, especially when outside plugging a tire. I actually kept it in my car for a while when I wasn't using it, made flats cake.

Originally Posted By: getnpsi
The FUBAR, in the smaller yellow size. Its just as good as the larger grey one that is 2x as much. Sometimes you just have to hit your target multiple times, which is fine if you need to get some aggression out. Ive used it to tear down a fallen fence, tear down an old entertainment center, and used it to drive in regular nails in said repaired fence using the hammer side.

stanley-fatmax-xl-fubar.jpg

I gotta get one of those!

Some others.

New old stock, WWI Trench Tool
http://old-smithy.info/bayonets/fullsize/UK full/UK_entrenching_tool.jpg

Sorry I don't have the bayonet, but it can sure move dirt quickly.

Polycast 4' Level: http://www.homedepot.com/buy/empire-48-in-polycast-level-330-48.html#.UOJJB6xCqSo
I had a 4' Starett but found myself needing another when I left it at home. So I bought a cheap Polycast level at Canadian Tire. I love the Polycast over the more expensive Aluminium! It's not so cold in winter, it doesn't get bent if it slides off a roof, It doesn't slide of a roof, Less likely to mar fine woodwork, easy to grip if climbing a ladder (it is an open type with big slots) and it has a scale for rough measurements.

On a more serious note, I got a Ridgid impact driver a couple months ago and it's without a doubt my new favorite tool. Never knew how much I needed one of these until I bought it.

R86034K_2_Final.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back