Ruger SR22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sportsmans here has the SR22 on sale for 299. Thinking about picking it up for a cheap pinker. Anyone have an experience or opinions?

Also have the LC9 with laser for 399

Last edited:
I held one, or maybe it was one of the S&W's, and wasn't impressed. Kinda plasticky, kinda rattley. I'd pick it up first in the shop, hold it, etc.

I'm guessing the SR22 takes 10/22 mags, right? Ruger has their 25 round mag out on the market now.

Originally Posted By: supton
I held one, or maybe it was one of the S&W's, and wasn't impressed. Kinda plasticky, kinda rattley. I'd pick it up first in the shop, hold it, etc.

I'm guessing the SR22 takes 10/22 mags, right? Ruger has their 25 round mag out on the market now.

It takes its own ones and the 10/22 mags will NOT work.

Bill

The SR22 is a 22lr pistol Supton, more like a Walther P22 in styling. Ruger makes good stuff, would be a fun plinker it looks like if the mag cost is not too high.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

The SR22 is a 22lr pistol Supton, more like a Walther P22 in styling. Ruger makes good stuff, would be a fun plinker it looks like if the mag cost is not too high.

*slaps forehead* Doah!

I just got a 10/22 for a plinker (25 round factory mags! yah!) and I like my Mk II pistol too. I wish my Mk II was tapped so it could take a red dot, but it's fun as it is--with the exception of loading the mag. I make sure to always bring a pen to the range, so as to hold down the (follower?), otherwise it's too painful on the thumb.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill

My SR-22 takes the normal 10rd rotary ruger mags as well as the 25 rd butler creek mags. An SR22 is just a 10/22 encased in a Ruger copy of an Archangel chassis. It's just an aluminum clamshell that encases the 10/22 receiver and provides a picatinny rail above, and AR-15 handguard, buttstock, and pistol grip mounts.

I've had mine completely apart a number of times, are we talking about the same thing here?

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Bill

My SR-22 takes the normal 10rd rotary ruger mags as well as the 25 rd butler creek mags. An SR22 is just a 10/22 encased in a Ruger copy of an Archangel chassis. It's just an aluminum clamshell that encases the 10/22 receiver and provides a picatinny rail above, and AR-15 handguard, buttstock, and pistol grip mounts.

I've had mine completely apart a number of times, are we talking about the same thing here?

Nope.

Ruger SR22 PISTOL

Promise it does not nor can use 10/22 mags. In any way.

Take care, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back