9mm Ammo brands how reliable? does it matter between these 3?

its $13 for 20 on the AAC 308
please let me know where
Will be used in a glock or my ruger
so you have a good gun
The only gun I have with loading issues is my sig p322 and finally figured out it was the mags bulging.. replacements currently making their way from sig.
you would think as old and prestigious a maker a SIG would have this stuff down to a science, I am not a SIG fan
they should redesign/release a 15rounder with better stack angles.
they should have already had it down pat.

I've used all of those without issue. Pick based on price. Also consider New Republic brand from Targetsports. It's all brass, non-corrosive with boxer primers. Clean ammo. It's produced for them in Yugoslavia, or perhaps it's Hungary, from virgin components.

I've gone through 3k since last Sept in my G19 and Shield. Buddy is now using it too and I'm seeing more people at the range use it. Feeds flawlessly. No dud rounds.

About $229/case with free shipping, 8% less if you're a member.

Likely fine with any of the 3. Win White Box is one I stay away from. Erratic from lot to lot in my experience.

The only gun I have with loading issues is my sig p322 and finally figured out it was the mags bulging.. replacements currently making their way from sig.
Super finicky double stack mags.. but they were bulging so bad my "ez loader" would hang up if I left them loaded(30min not days)

Sounds like you have it narrowed down. Be glad it's only a magazine issue. I have 2 HK USP 40 and 45 and a USPC 9 SS and 40. All four are superb but they have much tighter chambers than the proverbial Glock. A few of the budget range ammo simply cause issues.

I'd stick with Magtec. It's made by CBC in Brazil one of the biggest military ammo suppliers. I'd avoid anything blazer as it's plated bullets and thin brass. Fiochii ammo is ok but for 9mm it's hotter and less accurate. Magtec is very consistent with excellent quality.

I want to purchase 1000 rounds for target/practice.

115gr
Magtech $216
Blazer brass $225
fiocchi $216
shipping is free.

Any suggestions? 124gr and esp.147gr have hefty price increases.
Particularly interested in failure to feed/duds etc.. cleanliness a plus.

Side question has anyone used AAC .308 ammo and if so what was your experience with it. specifically the cheap 150grain blue box stuff.
I've fired thousands of rounds of all 3. Any and all are acceptable. I would only be governed by price, as the quality of each I found zero difference. The prices you are showing are all very good.

As far as cleanliness, again not enough difference to worry about. All 3 are cheap enough that you'll most likely shoot enough of it, in that your gun will require a good cleaning afterward, regardless of brand.

I've shot a lot of Blazer Brass and like it. It's one of my go-to brands. My only issue with it is that the boxes it comes in are quite large for the caliber which makes them take up more space if you're storing it. Not really an issue if you blast through it quickly.

Sellier & Bellot is my personal favorite. Small boxes, clean rounds, and they have a bit more pop to them for what they are.

It’s interesting to see the opinions and experience. I have had issues with Magtech, Blazer, and Winchester White Box. The WWB in particular - rounds that clearly had damaged cases, and should have been caught by QC. As a result, I haven’t bought any WWB in a while.

Never a problem with Fiocchi. American Eagle is great. My buddy, Ron, owner of Gunther’s Guns, has good quality, new manufacture, 9mm that he makes in his garage (seriously, awesome set up).

I have gone through a lot of Geco, and Sellier & Bellot, and they’re good ammo.

So, if I am shooting, I don’t mind the occasional issue - an unplanned stoppage is a good drill now and then.

If I am teaching someone else, or running a new (or new to me) gun, then I stick with known good ammo. I want to isolate any potential issues with a new gun to the gun itself, and if I am teaching, I want the new shooter to have reliable performance.

All this, by the way, is a range ammo discussion.

For carry/SD - Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot. Totally different discussion on quality and performance…not to mention cost.

I think Blazer is dirtier than the other 2, but shoots ok. Sellier and Bellot is good stuff. Federal HST for defense. I've had a couple pistols that didn't chamber Gold Dot. Something about the bullet shape.

this is my issue with the p322, not my pic.
Hopefully the replacement 20's are better.. at this point I would be ok if they functioned as 15rounders with no issues
Fun and accurate when its working.
1708134747789.jpg

If you want FMJs that still perform flawlessly for me, check prices on American Eagle and Federal. We use these-2 with several pistols my immediate family owns.

Last edited:
Geco is very good, underrated ammo.
Not entirely sure what the full story was but there was a big recall of Geco and Norma ammo in 2022.

I bought a 1k case of loose Geco 115gr online and received a box of cheap Venom with a Geco label on it. Out of 1k, I had about 150 rounds that had bullets either seated too deeply or not deep enough and many of the primers had fallen out. It was absolute garbage. Thankfully the retailer took care of it.

I think RUAG Ammotec USA was trying to pull a fast one. All they did was tarnish the Geco and Norma brand names. I liked both brands but I'm not going to buy any more of either after that.

its $13 for 20 on the AAC 308.

The 9mm.
I was leaning towards the fiocchi but waffling I had a couple FTF with blazer(or was it 115gr federal from the red box) but nothing recent since the pistols got broken in abit.
Will be used in a glock or my ruger

Super finicky double stack mags.. but they were bulging so bad my "ez loader" would hang up if I left them loaded(30min not days)

Slightly! regretting not buying a taurus tx22 competition instead.

this is my issue with the p322, not my pic.
Hopefully the replacement 20's are better.. at this point I would be ok if they functioned as 15rounders with no issues
Fun and accurate when its working.
View attachment 203978

I also had issues with my Sig P322. It used to stove pipe and misfeed a lot. I couldn't get all the way through a magazine without at least 1, if not 2 or 3, failure to function issues. I finally figured that it was related to the magazines. But I have never used the speed feeder, so I can't say if my magazines bulge.

I cleaned up the magazines, and last time I took the P322 out, it functioned much better. I'm not sure if they function better from cleaning, or if they just broke in, from putting rounds through them. I have bought a couple new magazines that I haven't used yet, so I'm curious to see how the pistol functions with them.

I really expected more from a Sig designed pistol, especially after watching several videos from the more popular gun guys on Youtube. But I'm not ready to get rid of it. I'll give it another season to see how it functions.

I think RUAG Ammotec USA was trying to pull a fast one. All they did was tarnish the Geco and Norma brand names. I liked both brands but I'm not going to buy any more of either after that.
interesting I have about 10 boxes of clearance 9mm norma MHP 108gr.. seemed ok from a quick inspection.
Havent shot any yet.
I really expected more from a Sig designed pistol, especially after watching several videos from the more popular gun guys on Youtube. But I'm not ready to get rid of it. I'll give it another season to see how it functions.
Yes me too.. although the pistol seems fine to me but the mags are a disgrace.
When its running right its nice and accurate.
I might try loading my new mags to 12 or 14. and see how that goes.

Try loading your mags and leaving them sit for a day before shooting. :cautious:

They have revised them slightly. I wish metal or non loader solid side mags was available.(the kind that dont have open sides with pulldown "pin")
or just change the stack angle so they have no tendency to stick and not-popup.

Mine would load 2-3 fine.. then bind up and the whole stack would turn into the bad stack.. where the angle in the mag changes.

Last edited:
Back