Nissan Long Life EXPENSIVE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to screw around with my warranty and i want to get Nissan long life BLUE 50/50 PRE DILUTED I went on AAP and put my car in and the said peak long life. But its still 11 bucks a gallon. Why would Nissan make the long life coolant blue? yes i know how are they going to know, but YOU WILL SURPRISED TO WHAT THEY WILL DO TO GET OUT OF A WARRANTY REPAIR.

no the peak is 11 bucks at AAP, and the AND the Nissan Long Life is around 19 bucks online

if you are that concerned about your warranty, do not trust AAP's website. Go to different manufacturers websites and make sure the coolant meets requirements

Peak Long Life is not the same stuff as the Nissan coolant. The Nissan coolant (the CORRECT STUFF for your car) is only available at dealers. AAP of course doesn't offer the correct stuff, so they tell you to just use a "universal" coolant (Peak Long Life) which may or may not work well in your car.

Originally Posted By: 229
Always use the factory antifreeze. I don't want to explain why.

Actually I would like to ask why. Im genuinely curious because at the shop we use Zerex equivalents ( Dex Cool , Original Green , G-05 and Asian Vehicle formulation to be exact ) to great success. Very RARELY do we ever have to go to the dealer for OEM coolant, mostly German manufacturers. We use Zerex Asian Vehicle in Nissans all the time ( those not spec'd for green coolant ), not a single comeback or complaint.

Last edited:
Just paid $19/gallon for Honda type 2 from the dealer, so the Nissan coolant is no worse than Honda.

If this is a long life coolant, why are you changing it so soon in your 2010 vehicle?

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
If this is a long life coolant, why are you changing it so soon in your 2010 vehicle?

2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE 6MT

Im not Doing right now having it for a next oil change.

It has really amazed me at how much people hem and haw over spending an extra $10 on something that lasts for MANY miles. it is that much trouble to get the correct stuff and are you that hard up for cash that $10 will break you?

How true.
wink.gif
It's not like many vehicles these days have 20 quart cooling system capacities and have an annual thermostat replacement, either. As an aside, I believe Beck Arnley offers a Nissan equivalent, but I doubt it will be significantly cheaper.

Two gallons will pretty much fill up that Altima. My Mazda dealer says they will honor ANY other Mazda dealer's price for parts and supplies, online or brick and mortar. There is so much markup on that stuff. I'll bet your dealer will do the same. Might knock a couple of bucks off each gallon. Seems like there are too many manufacturer-specific fluids these days so why mess around trying to figure out which one is "close?"

Originally Posted By: 229
Always use the factory antifreeze. I don't want to explain why.

Same here. Just to many coolants on the market these days that claim that they will work in certain vehicles.

Gone are the days in which we only had a choice between Zerex and Prestone. lol.

Well, I'm one to talk. During the 23 years I drive my 89 Accord I used regular green, Sierra (propylene glycol based), and DexCool and equivalents. I never had any cooling system issues and none of the "gunk" others claim that you get when you switch from old style to Dex. Those were the days before I wised up. Moving forward I am going to stick as much as possible with OEM fluids. Heck, the Mazda oil and filters I bought were price competitive with retail - except for the five quart jugs of M1 AFE at Wal Mart.

I recently bought a gallon of genuine Hyundai coolant for $20. I had to ask for a discount to get that price.

Beck Arnley does have a new line of OE replacement coolants. I don't think any place in my area sells them. Ordering them would probably negate any savings over dealer coolant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back