auto rx in leaking transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 96 Dodge Caravan with a 4-speed transmission thats leaking tranny fluid.The seal in the tranny is only leaking fluid when hot, would auto rx be able to stop this leak? I would like to give it a try but the tranny leaks every time I drive.

Auto-Rx only uses oil as a carrier to get to seals and metal components.Once it has reached these surfaces, Auto-Rx will not leak out with
transmission fluid.Please go to www.auto-rx.net and read application instructions for transmission seal leaks.

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
Auto-Rx only uses oil as a carrier to get to seals and metal components.Once it has reached these surfaces, Auto-Rx will not leak out with
transmission fluid.

Sorry Frank, got to call you on this one. As an unqualified, absolute statement the second sentence sounds really preposterous. Are you saying that if there is a gaping hole in the transmission pan gasket that Rx will not leak out of it?

quote:

Originally posted by doyall:

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
transmission fluid.

Sorry Frank, got to call you on this one. As an unqualified, absolute statement the second sentence sounds really preposterous. Are you saying that if there is a gaping hole in the transmission pan gasket that Rx will not leak out of it?

If you look at what was stated you are talking about cork gaskets or silicon gaskets which Auto-Rx has no effect on. And yes a gaping hole in either will pass anything. What is being discussed is the seals which are made of different material. Nothing short of a pan gasket replacement can stop a leak there in most cases.

The leak is between the motor and the tranny,According to the work shop manuel the torque converter slides onto the oil pump shaft, there is a seal there.I replaced the trannys gasket and filter 3 months ago and some how with the fresh transmission fluid added it decided to leak.I have read on the allpar Dodge forum that this is a commom problem with these mini vans that came with the 4-speed trans.

[ June 03, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: jetfixer ]

I am answering on a qualified basis as post describing transmission seal leak states clearly that leak is apparent when unit gets hot.If unit
had a major seal rip or a hole in the transmission case than obviously all fluids including Auto-Rx would empty quickly.
This is a minor seal leak and enough Auto-Rx
will get to seal material to start process to stop leak.

I will give auto rx a try if it works I will not have to remove the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back