Marvel Mystery Oil or Fuel Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to convince an old mechanic he rebuilts engine and was a race car driver when he was younger. He always uses Mystery Oil in the gas and says that is best thing, but I kept telling him it's a solvent was not good for the combution chamber. Trying to convince him that FP was a better product. Anybody used Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas comparing it to FP?

The only thing MMO could do (maybe) IMHO is add a top cylinder lube effect. I don't think it cleans or adds the energy effect that FP does, plus FP does pretty good as top end lube.

I used Marvel Mystery Oil in my 2000 Mazda Protege. The first time I added it, the engine immediately smoothed out - it was so dramatic that even my 13-year old son noticed it. So I continued using it, but I then had a persistent spark plug fouling issue that may or may not be related.

I'm no longer driving the Protege, but as far as I can tell, about one ounce of Fuel Power seems to provide about the same effect in my Toyota ECHO as about 12 ounces of Marvel oil did in the Protege. And so far no indication of any kind of spark plug fouling issues.

So I think that Fuel Power may provide all of the benefits of Marvel but perhaps none of the risks. And the 3% mileage improvement that Fuel Power offers is about enough to pay for itself. So with Fuel Power, I get a perpetually smooth running engine, basically for free...

I have been using Marvel Mystery Oil for years in my gasoline. I have never seen fuel power anywhere. I have never had a problem with sparks plugs fouling. I had a engine apart that I had use MMO in and it was clean as a whistle. I do and a small amount to the crankcase at oil changes but basically it use it as a fuel additive added to the gas at a ratio of 8 ounces for 10 gallons
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Spartane:
I used Marvel Mystery Oil in my 2000 Mazda Protege. The first time I added it, the engine immediately smoothed out - it was so dramatic that even my 13-year old son noticed it. So I continued using it, but I then had a persistent spark plug fouling issue that may or may not be related.

I'm no longer driving the Protege, but as far as I can tell, about one ounce of Fuel Power seems to provide about the same effect in my Toyota ECHO as about 12 ounces of Marvel oil did in the Protege. And so far no indication of any kind of spark plug fouling issues.

So I think that Fuel Power may provide all of the benefits of Marvel but perhaps none of the risks. And the 3% mileage improvement that Fuel Power offers is about enough to pay for itself. So with Fuel Power, I get a perpetually smooth running engine, basically for free...

I also used it for a while in my Saturn, and also experienced the persistent spark plug fouling described here. I started using Neutra instead, and the fouling ceased. I've never tried FP.

Energy effect? what the **** is energy effect?
Lets get some BTU content and octane ratings for all before making any claims.

Its for you to try. Neutra/Fuelpower/Marvel all have their fans.

undummy,

I don't know the BTU of FP. It is said not to change octane ratings nor have I read any AKI effect. The LC/FP web site sez: "increase the potential energy".....so I shortened it to "energy effect".....

SORRY. I don't work for LC or sell their products.

I don't get how a measely 1 oz to 5 gals, which works out to 1 oz/ 640 oz can change the energy content of the fuel so much that it increases the mpg. I know that as little as 1 percent Biodiesel in petrodiesel can increase lubricity by a bunch, but 1/640 = 0.16% and a double dose, 1/320 = 0.31%... way less than a percent!

quote:

I'm no longer driving the Protege, but as far as I can tell, about one ounce of Fuel Power seems to provide about the same effect in my Toyota ECHO as about 12 ounces of Marvel oil did in the Protege. And so far no indication of any kind of spark plug fouling issues

12oz? How big of a tank? That might explain the spark plug fouling.

I used it with good success..... I however used about 4oz in 15 gallons instead of the recommended 6oz.

Only "downside" to it was the fact that it seemed to lower octane rating and I got pinging unless I ran 89.

I always used to use marvel. ITs very good stuff.
High film strength & great cleaning properties.
Use it in fuel, gas,& oil. It burns very clean. I fill my fuel filter with it when doing filter changes. It's an excellent injector cleaner.
Marvel has been around for a long time, it's a high quality oil.
About 4 years ago I changed to Lucas Products. Oil stablizer and fuel injection cleaner.

Still use it in my 68 Corvette for a lead substitute.

96 Dodge 12 valve 600 cummins on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back