First problem with Discount Tire Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that my previous query has now been indirectly answered. As listed on the rebate form for submission, it is the ComforTred "Touring" that was included in the rebate, not the purchased non Touring version. At least now it's confirmed why GY denied the claim.

As for the after the sale generic "$40, 60, 80 REBATE GDY/DUN 03/31/12 - 05/31/12" invoice notice, as stated previously, it should/could have contained a disclaimer/footnote, saying see rebate for specific tires and exclusions. When one filled out the rebate form though to determine which of the $40, 60, or 80 amounts would apply, the specific tire included with category, would have to be checked off the list for rebate prior to submission.

All that said, perhaps DTD will eat the extra $60 on the non included ComforTreds, which in this case was on top the $100 DTD Visa rebate the OP recieved during the Memorial Day promo. They could do so as a matter of goodwill, up to them. But this is an example, that when it comes to any rebate, details matter.

Here's the update:

Last night, I received an email (and a phone call) from Dave, a Customer Care Supervisor with DTD.

DTD has already covered the value of the Goodyear rebate, and let me know that the rebate shouldn't have been included as line item on my invoice. He confirmed that Goodyear was correct in rejecting the rebate claim.

I will be needing to replace a set of tires on a GMC Sierra in the near future, and they will be purchased from DTD.

This was not the first set of tires that I've purchased from DTD, and there will be more in the future.

It is refreshing to find a vendor who truly understands what Customer Service is supposed to be. And because of it, they've earned my continued business... and they should get a shot at every BITOGer's tire business as well.

Glad DTD met your expection for the $60 GY rebate even though said ComforTred was not included in the GY rebate promo. I'm not surprised that DTD went the extra mile as part of goodwill and customer relations.

I've never had any dealings with DTD as I live near some DT b&m stores and haven't purchased tires elsewhere since my first purchase there in 2004. While I was very satisfied with that set of Avid Touring tires, it was the service after the sale that was most impressive. As I posted here, never an issue with LT rotation, balance, tire repair, all done in a no appointment timely professional manner.

While I've never dealt with DTD directly, I have used the DTD no tax price for a lower than DT price match several times. Always nice to have a lower price to negotiate with at DT, glad DTD is there.

3 of my vehicles have tires from Discount Tires. They have always done me right.
Having them get back to you means something and via email & phone call - sounds like extra effort for making a return contact.

I like tirerack's rims better.
DTD does have SUPERIOR customer service.

I have purchased from both multiple times.

I had a couple issues with DTD that they fixed promptly and to my satisfaction.

one thing that doesnt often come up is DTD has a smaller selection than TR. so if you get one of these new oem sizes that arent popular.. and dont want to +0 size you may have very limited options at DTD.

Last edited:
The couple of times I've bought from DTD and their B&M arm America's Tire have had EXCELLENT results-if you catch them having a special like the recent $100 VISA card-they're unbeatable!

DTD just came through for me too in a grey area. I ordered a couple of Michelin tires. Two days later (and before I received the tires) the Michelin rebate started. When I received the tires I contacted them. They honored the rebate. Therefore they get more of my business.

based upon years of being an america's tire company customer, involving the purchase and servicing of many, many sets of tires, i would be very surprised if the did not make good on your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back