Where can one buy castrol gtx in bulk ? Or cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was determined by the forums thoughts tht I should go with Dino oil intill the warranty on my new engine runs out. The warranty on the engine is one year unlimited miles. In one year I normally put 20,000 miles a year. So I figured it would be best to buy in bulk. Any thoughts where I could buy a case? I did the math for my truck I would need 25 quarts of oil. For the next year

Thanks!

5- 5qt jugs from Walmart. 15.97 Per 5qt jug here. Castrol gtx is one oil there doesn't seem to be good deals on very often.

Last edited:
You might want to consider the Quaker State Ultra Durability at $20.57 or so. You get a good synthetic for pennies more.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
You might want to consider the Quaker State Ultra Durability at $20.57 or so. You get a good synthetic for pennies more.

The thread I linked has GTX for $1.59 a quart when you buy the 10 quart box. I don't know about the availability in all areas though.

Napa is running a special on it now. 5quarts and a Napa Silver filter for 19.99. Not sure how good a deal it is. But for Hawaii, that is good pricing

You could get something as good as or better than GTX merely by buying what you can find FAR in the relevant forum.
Nothing wrong with GTX, but it isn't anything special.
You'd need twenty five quarts of oil over the next year?
I'm guessing that you can easily get twenty five quarts of FAR oil over the next year all of which will be at least as good as GTX.

Well for warranty to stay on this engine it needs to be changed every 3k. Trust me normally I run synthetics. I was going to run a soil. But it's not worth spending more money if I have to change every 3k...and I put 20 k on my truck a year cuse of driving to school.. Now collage which is right next to my school.. So I rack up ,iles quick

looks like after shopping around here the only thing i could get is a 5 qt container for 15$ no one will sell it for a discount price by the case. and Walmart was the only place that would sell it for 15

every other place it was 25$

I looked around a bit... only online sources are HighMileage 6 Gal pack... not bad, not great (price wise).

My suggestion is to find an INDEPENDENT auto part store... Ask them for the best price on 2-4 cases... (3 gals/case)...

I was able to get 1$/qt discount this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back