Auto-RX makes oil come out looking like water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my oil changed, the old oil with the Auto-RX in it (ran for 500 miles) came out and flowed almost like water. I was very surprised! Is this right!?!

-Kris

When I used it, twice now, it did not effect the consistency of the oil at all. Sounds like something else is going on there.
frown.gif

[ December 06, 2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Chris ]

I can not say what is normal with the product having not used it. Did you save a sample for analysis?

Was your car unusually hot? What kind of oil were you using? How much AutoRx did you use in how much oil?

I can only speculate with so little data.

When I drained mine, it just looked like hot motor oil, extra dirty for having only 1100 miles on it. There was nothing unusually thin-looking about it.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
On my 3 lots of Auto-Rx I noticed zero change in oil viscosity when dropping it. The oil filter was a different story altogether.

Tell me about the oil filter...

Well I thought I had a clean engine (used Delvac 1 previously which is highly detergent). Wrong. 1st clean 800kms the filter (PureONE) had just so much crud in it. Did a 2nd clean about 1500kms and same. I'm now some 2,000kms into a 3rd clean, I hope to run it for 5,000kms. Tappets getting noisy already but so I'll change filter tomorrow for the remainder. Dunno where the gunk is coming from, but my guess is the piston ring area. This Mazda turbo is used as a test vehicle for many fuels/oils/additives etc so I probably wouldn't follow my methodology, but I wanted to see for myself what extended cleaning periods with Auto-Rx achieved.

I would have analysis done. Just came back from Miami where industrial version of Auto-Rx removed
water from printing press gear boxes (oil capacity 20 gallons per gearbox )oil was very contaminated ( broken main water pipe flooded entire plant)hope you don't have water problem with your engine however if you do be glad you
were running Auto-Rx because you did not cause any damage. If it looks like water thinned out oil most probaly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back