How Remove Coffee Stains from Glass Coffee Pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried using white vinegar to remove the brown coffee stains from my glass coffee pot, and it was only partially effective. Is there a better way?

You could try lemon juice, salt & ice. Swirl it around and let the acid & abrasive do their trick.

My experience is that white vinegar does a very nice job on its own. I run it through the coffeemaker once in a while, followed by 3 subsequent flushes of water.

To remove coffee stains from the inside of a glass coffee pot, add 4 teaspoons Morton® Salt, 1 cup crushed ice and 1 tablespoon water. Gently swirl until clean, ...

vinegar is great for cleaning the system but I would use Simple Green or CLR. I pour some full strength simple green in it with some hot water, scrub, then pour it out. After that I put the whole pot in the dishwash (use the sanitize cycle if you have it. Mine always comes out clean and sparkling.

By far the easiest is to spray with 'Purple Power" you can get it at AZ, Oreilly, WallMart etc. in the auto cleaner section. Takes it right off (and its a killer degreaser/cleaner).

Originally Posted By: chefwong
Easy. Hot water - dishwasher powder
Let is soak.
Wipe.
Viola

I'd leave out the step of using a stringed musical instrument, but the others will work. A green scouring pad does wonders too.

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
Originally Posted By: chefwong
Easy. Hot water - dishwasher powder
Let is soak.
Wipe.
Viola

I'd leave out the step of using a stringed musical instrument,

You mean you don't play nice music to your coffee pot before every brew?

easy peasy
Denture tabs.(they are cheap, or borrow a couple from your grandparents/elderly neighbors)
also great for removing hard water stains/limescale from fish bowls,vases,showerheads,etc. with out being terribly caustic, and smelling minty fresh.
I recently got coffee/tea stains out of a mug w/ nothing but a single tab and a good soak.

Last edited:
Just run it through the dishwasher with the rest of the dirty dishes.
Works great, and will come out looking new.

the best remover is dezcal, it is used in restaurants

just pour it in, wait 15 minutes and you are done

http://www.urnexathome.com/product/Dezcal%E2%84%A2/13165.aspx

I also use it in my tassimo machine

you can probably find it cheaper on ebay

Add 2 tablespoons of bleach, fill with water and let it sit for as long as necessary. I also use this on my double-wall stainless coffee mug from time to time when it starts turning dark inside. It's too tight to get to the bottom with a brush.

A lady friend of mine works part time at a chain restaurant, she says there trade secret of cleaning their "Bunn" pots, is salt, and ice cubes.....just need a couple.....to cover the bottom of the carafe, give it a good couple swishes, and it'll remove the coffee stains....

At home though, I just make it a habit to throw my pot in the dishwasher once a week or so, top rack only. Now if it's one of those thermal "heavy duty" type carafes, that may be a little harder......to throw it in the top rack.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back