2009 Genuine Buddy 125...15w-40...what to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 2009 Genuine Buddy 125 scooter specs for 15w-40; what I've used so far during the first 1000 miles: factory fill til @ 225 miles; Chevron Delo 400LE til @ 550 miles, Valvoline 4-stroke 10w-40 conventional motorcycle oil til @ 975 miles; changed oil & filter and trying Pennzoil Gold 15w-40; now that the 'break-in' is completed I have been told to use a synthetic, but is it really necessary?

anyone got a recommendation...conventional or synthetic? thanks

Air cooled? Can you shoot an IR laser thermometer at the cooling fins after a good ride?

My Virago shows 205'F at 75' ambient, and a linear correlation to outside air temps. I *could* run a 10w30 in it, but go a grade thicker.

All of my air-cooled stuff gets Rotella T6. That includes the mower, snowblower, and soon to be motorcycle once I'm out of Mobil 1. It's $22/gallon at Wal-Mart. A cheaper conventional option would be the Rotella T Triple Protection at $13/gallon if you want to go with conventional.

I like synthetics in my air-cooled stuff. Is it really necessary? Probably not, but they use so little oil annually that I consider it cheap insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back