2010 Scion XD, 153K, 14.2K OCI Delo 15w-40

Just came in. Looks like the bragging that Chevron did saying its conventional 15w-40 with "ISO-Syn" would equal or outperform the competition's "synthetic blend" offering (Delvac 1300?) held up. I got some Delo Synthetic 15w-40 at "clearance" price at WM and have it in the Scion now. Gonna take this fill to 17.5 to 20K OCI. My new job has me driving about 500 miles less per month, so my next UOA will be about a year away. However, my wife is putting about 2 to 2.5K a month on her Mazda so I am doing extended OCI's on her vehicle as well.

Attachments

• P1340053.JPG
    P1340053.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 187
This is typical of any hdeo that meets Volvo VDS 4.5 because the test shows if oils can withstand 360 hours and not oxidatively thicken too much and still have deposit control. Try this with other cheap hdeos.

You had a pretty significant decrease in your flashpoints starting during your 124k UOA. 375F is pretty low IMO to be extending. Run two bottles of Redline SI-1 during this OCI and see if flashpoint improves.
I'm sticking with what I got. Ain't gonna buy Redline unless I still drove 2.5K a month and wanted to do a 25K OCI.

I'm sticking with what I got. Ain't gonna buy Redline unless I still drove 2.5K a month and wanted to do a 25K OCI.
Umm.. the Redline I suggested is a fuel injector cleaner. Since you have a PFI engine, low flashpoint is indicative of a fuel injector issue or piston ring issues. SI-1 is a powerful injector cleaner and will help make sure there’s a good pattern and sealing well.

Umm.. the Redline I suggested is a fuel injector cleaner. Since you have a PFI engine, low flashpoint is indicative of a fuel injector issue or piston ring issues. SI-1 is a powerful injector cleaner and will help make sure there’s a good pattern and sealing well.
Roger that. I'm not up on Redline products anymore and had forgotten their Fuel Injector Cleaner designation. I changed the plugs when I got it. The engine runs great. No smell of fuel upon start up or anything. I'll find some and try it. Or I make get some BG 44K Injector Cleaner. I know lots of ASE certified that swear by that stuff.

Just came in. Looks like the bragging that Chevron did saying its conventional 15w-40 with "ISO-Syn" would equal or outperform the competition's "synthetic blend" offering (Delvac 1300?) held up. I got some Delo Synthetic 15w-40 at "clearance" price at WM and have it in the Scion now. Gonna take this fill to 17.5 to 20K OCI. My new job has me driving about 500 miles less per month, so my next UOA will be about a year away. However, my wife is putting about 2 to 2.5K a month on her Mazda so I am doing extended OCI's on her vehicle as well.
Darn good report sir. Thank You

Back