Mopar MO-090 hacked open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one of these laying around so figured I'd cut it open. It is a Mopar MO-090, which is made by Purolator to Chrysler specifications. Fits many Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep applications.

1330826035.jpg

1330826022.jpg

1330825999.jpg

1330826048.jpg

1330826131.jpg

1330825942.jpg

These filters appear to be very similar to the Motorcrafts, which isn't surprising since they are both made by Purolator. This filter has a nitrile ADBV, thread end bypass valve, leaf spring, and 49 pleats. I would say the Motorcraft filters are a better value for the money though. This filter is about a dollar more at Wal-Mart.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
Looks good they sell purolator at Walmart for 3.27 now

I was actually at Wal-Mart today and didn't see any Purolators.
frown.gif
Maybe soon they will get some in. Glad to see they are offering them.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

frown.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

frown.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Perrysburg Ohio Walmart stock the shelves today with the Purolator Classics, great filter for the price.

Timely... Just bought a MO-090 for the Town and Country last night at Wal-Mart.

Exactly what I expected to see inside.

IIRC, Wal-Mart price on those are $5 plus some change. Doesn't seem to be a very good value considering it appears to be just a Puro Classic in black paint. Not even a silicone ADBV.

Edit: I suppose it does have thread-end bypass. Still not enough there for me to cough up $5 plus. I'll take a P1 or two Puro Classics at that price(on sale).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: meangreen01
IIRC, Wal-Mart price on those are $5 plus some change. Doesn't seem to be a very good value considering it appears to be just a Puro Classic in black paint. Not even a silicone ADBV.

Edit: I suppose it does have thread-end bypass. Still not enough there for me to cough up $5 plus. I'll take a P1 or two Puro Classics at that price(on sale).

My Wal-Mart doesn't carry Purolator Classics yet.

I'm not using a Fram, SuperTech, or any other e-core.

I'm not paying over $10 for a Bosch.

What other choice would I have?

Right. The Mopar it is.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

My Wal-Mart doesn't carry Purolator Classics yet.

I'm not using a Fram, SuperTech, or any other e-core.

I'm not paying over $10 for a Bosch.

What other choice would I have?

Right. The Mopar it is.

If WM is the your only shopping option then I suppose I might be inclined to overpay for the Mopar as well. But if you have a Napa or AAP around you can get a P1, Napa Gold, or Wix for about the same price or less on sale or using coupon codes.

I'm sure the Mopar filter is a fine filter. I've run them myself in the past. All I'm saying is at that price it doesn't strike me as a very good value. Compare it against the other manufacturer specced, Purolator-made, Motorcraft FL-820s one shelf down. It's well over a buck cheaper and arguably a better quality filter with it's more intricately designed bypass and silicone ADBV.

I was in Wal-mart today and sure enough there were the Puro's I'd heard about. Not a SuperTech in sight either.

The Mopar is not as good of value as the Motorcraft if you need an application that both offer. I was able to get a Mopar today at AAP today using on line codes, and paid just over $4 for it, only 40 cents more than the comparable Motorcraft at Wal-mart, not bad.

Some dirt bag had returned his used Mopar in the new box to Wal-mart. Really? For 5 bucks? Some people!

Thanks for cutting and posting!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I was in Wal-mart today and sure enough there were the Puro's I'd heard about. Not a SuperTech in sight either.

The Mopar is not as good of value as the Motorcraft if you need an application that both offer. I was able to get a Mopar today at AAP today using on line codes, and paid just over $4 for it, only 40 cents more than the comparable Motorcraft at Wal-mart, not bad.

Some dirt bag had returned his used Mopar in the new box to Wal-mart. Really? For 5 bucks? Some people!

Thanks for cutting and posting!

Wow... The nerve of some people.
09.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Maybe he thought it was Norstrom's.

Guess the other question is ... didn't the guy taking the returned product back even look at it to see a used filter inside the box?
crazy.gif

I'm sure it was taken back by a clueless female at the service desk, but even then the dude had gone to a fair amount of trouble to clean it up first, it even took me a second to spot it. All for 5 bucks?

I took it to the auto counter, so some other poor sucker didn't end up with it by accident. It was pretty apparent it wasn't the first time they'd seen that.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back