Amsoil ATF in my Elantra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I being told by internet folks folks that replacing
my Hyundai ATF with Amsoil ATF will VOID my warranty and also
destroy my tranmission within a few hunderd miles?

Well, I did a complete flush with Amsoil ATF over 20,000 miles
ago on my 2006 Elantra, and the car STILL shifts perfectly
through all gears!

Exactly when will my transmission be "destroyed"??

It won't...lol As long as Amsoil recommends it, they will back it for use in your car. My 06 Sonata behaved MUCH better with Amsoil ATF.

Dont sweat it...

Forget the arm chair mechanics.
20K is as good enough of a sign as any, that it is working well in your trans. Amsoil is the cats meow anyways.

It won't. The onyl risk you run is that if you use the product in an application that is not recommended. Amsoil's warranty would not apply to you in that case. Otherwise, blow a raspberry at them and keep on enjoying great shifting and longer drain intervals.

Originally Posted By: flinter
Why am I being told by internet folks folks that replacing my Hyundai ATF with Amsoil ATF will VOID my warranty and also destroy my tranmission within a few hunderd miles? ...

The SP II Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi ATF looks in an elemental analysis like Mercon V.

Apparently its physical characteristics are much like Mercon V, 3309, and other highly friction modified ATFs. And using those other ones seems to cause no problems.

Originally Posted By: flinter
Why am I being told by internet folks folks that replacing
my Hyundai ATF with Amsoil ATF will VOID my warranty and also
destroy my tranmission within a few hunderd miles?

Well, I did a complete flush with Amsoil ATF over 20,000 miles
ago on my 2006 Elantra, and the car STILL shifts perfectly
through all gears!

Exactly when will my transmission be "destroyed"??

It's pretty interesting the way those idiots state it (as well as the clown in the video). They state this destruction as fact, as truth (although the fat guy in the video said "can"). Yet it has never actually happened and there are now thousands and thousands of AT's filled with Amsoil ATF driving the highways. Hmm....

The truth is the fluid frictional properties of well designed ATF's overlap greater than than the combined tolerance of the transmission itself. It's not some given fact, although widely accepted, that an OEM branded ATF will be always be better.

Given that your transmission may go at any moment, I would check it every time you get in the vehicle by the following procedure. Get in vehicle, start engine, see if it still goes. Keep doing that for the next 200K to 300K miles. Its bound to fail at some point.

These people I speak of are the immautre, childish kids ("boyracer's")on
the Elantra forums like ElantraXD.com and ElantraGTclub.com.

One of these clowns told me he seen an Elantra filled with
Amsoil ATF, and the "engine was fried in 75 miles." Just lie
after immature lie on these forums. I think the average member age on
these forums is 17 or 18.

Last edited:
As long as the fluid meets the spec use on....I heard Hyundai also like the Castrol multi Import alot as well, suppose to shift better than the stock fluid in it.

Hi.
My 2010 Elantra auto shift quality has improved a lot with Castrol Multivehicle ATF over OEM ATF.(Factory fill.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: teambeechstreet
there are online communities for Elantra owners?

Originally Posted By: Tim H.
Not sure if link posting is OK, but you can google hyundaiforums and thats prolly the biggest one out there.

Yes and they are full of narrow minded, immature twerps. There was one that I frequented for a while until this very subject came up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back