whats a good fuel system cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Techron, Redline and BG44K.. For once a year use, BG44K has always made my engines run noticably smoother...Using cleaners like SL-1 or Techron more often also help.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Using cleaners like SL-1 or Techron more often also help.

Of all the strange things I've seen, I can get SL-1 at a local parts store significantly cheaper than Gumout Regane at Canadian Tire. I never bothered looking for SL-1, since I never equated RedLine with an "economy" price tag. I noticed it on their shelf one day and just about fell over - it was like 40% cheaper than Regane.

Originally Posted By: jmsjags
what exactly is pea? and someone else mentioned shell with v power, does that have a good amount?

PEA is polyether amines... It is the main cleaning additive in gas.

Most gas brands, if not all, including Chevron, which developed PEA does not contain enough PEA to clean up an already dirty fuel system. Using Redline or Techron every OCI or even 7500K miles will keep your fuel system very clean...

Quote:
The best method for the injectos is through the fuel rail.

If the injectors are really dirty this is not be the best way.
There are small filters (actually more like little stone catchers) inside the injectors themselves, any minute particulate matter may get pushed though into the injector seat itself causing even more blockage.

The results are also not specifically verifiable, it may get dirty units flowing better but how much better?
Removing the injectors, removing the filters and using a heated powerful ultrasonic cleaning tank then back flushing the contaminants out is the only way to get a truly dirty injector clean. The results are verifiable at all RPM's, any iffy units are caught right away. Anyone can static ohm an injector but the machine test the electric circuit running.

Some injectors have a horrible failure rate, they static ohm well but at higher RPM's begin to break down, with the machine this can be seen and documented.
I wont go into specific makes but i see a lot of some much more than others.

Clean injectors can be kept clean with very little maintenance but its tough to get dirty units running optimally with in tank or through the line products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back