Torco Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Da Game
Just need to ask, have anyone here used their product? It looks to be TOP SHELF.

I've used their gear oils and additives, VERY GOOD stuff.

But I have not yet tried their motor oils, as much as I'm itching to try their SR-5 product.
wink.gif

I ran Torco GP-7 2-Stroke oil in an air cooled 3wheeler for 16 years. I rode it every weekend, took it to the dunes, across the desert in August etc.

In those 16 years I never had the head off or even replaced the sparkplug.

Torco is primarily a racing oil formulator.
Their performance oriented street oils are expensive with a limited range of grades. They appear to use expensive quality synthetic base oils but fall short in formulating an attractive final product.
For example their SR-1 5W-20 is very heavy with a 2.9 HTHS vis but a very uncompetitively low 138 VI.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Torco is primarily a racing oil formulator.
Their performance oriented street oils are expensive with a limited range of grades. They appear to use expensive quality synthetic base oils but fall short in formulating an attractive final product.
For example their SR-1 5W-20 is very heavy with a 2.9 HTHS vis but a very uncompetitively low 138 VI.

Isn't that what we're getting now or less with over the counter oil from Wal-Mart and the likes, their price is cheaper.

Last edited:
I like Torco for gear oil but haven't been impressed with their other products when price is figured in. Dino RGO is the only gear oil I'll use in my differential.

Originally Posted By: Da Game
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM

Isn't that what we're getting now or less with over the counter oil from Wal-Mart and the likes, their price is cheaper.

Not at all.
A typical OTC dino and even a synthetic 5W-20 has a much lower HTHS vis of 2.6cP and a much higher VI of at least 150.

all I remember about Torco is the sign they have above the bleachers at Wrigley. I loved going to cubs games and sitting in the bleachers when I lived in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back