Can i use non-Dexos Approved oil ?

ApolloX

Hello guys

i was reading a lot about an oil ( AMSOIL Signuture 0w20 ) - but its not Dexos Appoved so , i've sent an email to Amsoil Support and They said :

(( (The Dexos, Gen 2 is a specification that GM is calling for use. Overall, it takes several aspects of vehicle operation into consideration and how they want the oil to operate. Our ASM satisfies the Dexos, Gen 2 requirements and can be used satisfactorily for warranty coverage in this vehicle )))

then i asked for a specific oil to use it : they said

((( For the best performance and protection, use our 0W-20 Signature Series Motor Oil (ASM). You will not need to use a flush product before switching over to AMSOIL products. )))

so does anyone Tried Amsoil 0w20 before and what do you think

i have Chevrolet spark 2021 LS ( im from saudi arabia )

Can you even buy Amsoil in Saudi Arabia ? There are hundreds of other choices available, with DEXOS approval, that are just as good too.

Can you even buy Amsoil in Saudi Arabia ? There are hundreds of other choices available, with DEXOS approval, that are just as good too.
yes we can buy an amsoil we have it here actually !!
i know man ..
but i was Reading a lot about amsoil , more protection and 100 Synthetic

so i need more information's to make sure

Hello guys

i was reading a lot about an oil ( AMSOIL Signuture 0w20 ) - but its not Dexos Appoved so , i've sent an email to Amsoil Support and They said :

(( (The Dexos, Gen 2 is a specification that GM is calling for use. Overall, it takes several aspects of vehicle operation into consideration and how they want the oil to operate. Our ASM satisfies the Dexos, Gen 2 requirements and can be used satisfactorily for warranty coverage in this vehicle )))

then i asked for a specific oil to use it : they said

((( For the best performance and protection, use our 0W-20 Signature Series Motor Oil (ASM). You will not need to use a flush product before switching over to AMSOIL products. )))

so does anyone Tried Amsoil 0w20 before and what do you think

i have Chevrolet spark 2021 LS ( im from saudi arabia )
You most certainly can dexos is solely a rating. But don’t waste your money or be sold on the amsoil stories.

That engine isn't turbocharged and the turbo gdi combination is the main cause of low speed pre ignition but if that engine doesn't have a turbo you can literally run whatever you want. In my 2021 escalade I'm using 5w-40 instead of 0w-20 but I might just use 15W-40 like in my other trucks.

You can use non-Dexos oil in a vehicle that calls for Dexos, however if you have an engine failure while under warranty they can in fact deny the warranty claim, some of the people on here who use unlicensed products will argue otherwise but these people aren't going to cover your engine replacement costs, they aren't going to guarantee anything for you if something happens.

So my recommendation to you is stick to a licensed oil with Dexos certification, if you are unsure about a product being certified you can check yourself on gmdexos website, not sure on how things work fully in Saudi.

Last edited:
What did you do, Google "what is the best motor oil?" and got a bunch of results for Amsoil ? I'm surprised no one has pitched HPL oil yet.
i didnt do that .. and my question was simple no need for all of that
u can name me some good oil to choose ( 0w20 ) and it has Dexos Approved , i know i have a lot of options like Mobil - AcDelco - but i was Curious about Amsoil .. thats all

thanks anyway

You can use non-Dexos oil in a vehicle that calls for Dexos, however if you have an engine failure while under warranty they can in fact deny the warranty claim, some of the people on here who use unlicensed products will argue otherwise but these people aren't going to cover your engine replacement costs, they aren't going to guarantee anything for you if something happens.

So my recommendation to you is stick to a licensed oil with Dexos certification, if you are unsure about a product being certified you can check yourself on gmdexos website, not sure on how things work fully in Saudi.
the vehicle is not under Warranty .. its just im Curious about Amsoil
but i think im going to use an oil with dexos approved now
thank you so much !

Back