Max Life or Max Life Synthetic Blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of the obvious answer, what is the difference between the 2? I just bought 10 quarts at Kmart of Syn-Blend for $2.99 each, not a bad price.

They have slightly different labels. Syn-Blend was SL/SM while regular Max Life is SM only. Why have 2 brands? Why would anyone buy regular Max Life when the Syn-Blend is the same cost? Any & all opinions welcomed. Thanks guys.

Maybe the SL/SM labled oil is an older oil/older label? From what I understand the current Maxlife High Mileage oil (red bottle) is a synthetic blend.

Check out Valvoline's site.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dominik
I think it was just a newer label the syn blend being newer, according to Valvoline site MaxLife has always been synth-blend or full syn only

Yep ...
grin.gif
only ever came in the two flavors...

At times Valvoline has shied away from the synblend label because of the public perception that synthetic = leaks on an older car.

AFAIK, the "newer" bottle/design of Valvoline MaxLife has removed the "Synthetic Blend" from their packaging......noticed it too last trip down the oil aisle....

Only "blend" I recall specifically still being called a "blend" was the Motorcraft; who appears to be falling inline with the diesel oils
wink.gif
Still no "HM" Motorcraft...?
smile.gif
lol.

Originally Posted By: ahoier
AFAIK, the "newer" bottle/design of Valvoline MaxLife has removed the "Synthetic Blend" from their packaging......noticed it too last trip down the oil aisle....

Only "blend" I recall specifically still being called a "blend" was the Motorcraft; who appears to be falling inline with the diesel oils
wink.gif
Still no "HM" Motorcraft...?
smile.gif
lol.

Dura-Blend is also marketed as a blend.

Ah, the knowledge on this website. You Gentlemen were correct. Here is the reply I received from Valvoline:

"The MaxLife Synthetic Blend product is actually the same product as the regular MaxLife. Our marketing department recently removed the synthetic blend listing from the label, in order to focus more on the high mileage specific of the oil, however it is the same oil as before."

Thanks for the replies.

As mentioned, they're the same oil. But check the website, there's a rebate available on it that can make that an even better deal.

....I'm on my phone so I can't easily check, but the rebate might only be good on the "NexGen" partially recycled oil versions of MaxLife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back