NAPA sae 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it a good oil? isnt it made by th same company that makes valvoline? put some in my push mower today, they had 2 types, an SAE 30 i think non detergent and an SAE 30 deteregent. one said SAE 30 in green and the other said it in red. i got the one in green, was wondering if i made the right choice? engine runs fine.

i now use sae 30 in my small engines that is made for the small engines...They say they have lots more additives to protect those engines....

I just started using that oil last year because at an engine seminar someone from an oil company said the oil used in car engines have a lot less of the good stuff because of emmisions laws and the lawn mower oil does not have to comply with the federal laws..
This said i have an old 1966 Allis Charmers smow blower that ran on once a year oil changes with sae 30 pennzoil from the first oil change and it runs great today (smokes very little)

I have always used Pennzoil yellow HD-30 oil in my 96 craftsman 17hp briggs engine and it has never left me with a long lawn, recently started using LubroMoly MOS2 in it and it runs better for sure.....

Likely made by Valvoline, and as the rep told me once, "it may not be the same thing, but is just as good in normal operation". SAE 30 is generally great in these small engines, except maybe for use in below freezing temperatures (hard to start).

We used the exact same oil at out dealership to service thousands of mowers for over 10 yrs. NAPA sae hd30w. It's very suitable for your air cooled engine.
We switched to Mobil delvac 1230 sae hd30w due to issues with NAPA. They gave us no price brake on 50gal drums. We paid per quart price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back