average oil change on TDI longlife & presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is my first post so let me first introduce myself quickly.

man, 39 years, french, divorced, one daughter

2 cars: Honda CRX VTEC 1991 (never imported in USA) and Mazda 323 DiTD 2002 for everyday (the 323 is called Protege I think in the US; I guess the Diesel version was never imported also)

2 bikes: BMW K1 1990, BMW R1100 RT 1999.

Quite interested in engines and other related stuff.

So back to my initial question

I couldn't help myself with the search function, my English might be limited.

I was looking if someone ever started a topic where VW TDI owners registered/recorded the miles they get on their longlife oil (with the variable maintenance interval system; QG1).

I am looking for some average statistics.

I am quite sure it was already done.

Can someone help me?

Have a nice Sunday.

i4

For someone who has limited english you sure do spell good. I didn't find one mistake. I don't really know anything about TDI's but I think the the oil change interval for the newer ones is 10,000 miles. I know these engines do shed alot of metal if you've ever seen a used oil analysis of a tdi.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.gif
welcome2.gif

Your English is good, but your sense of humor is even better.
Welcome to Bitog.
The listing you desire is at tdiclub.com, and it has many other European members beside the North American populace. That will provide you with a full complement of historic oil change data with just about every oil with a TDI specification.

Welcome.
It would be great if all Americans could spell, write and communicate (in English) as well as you.
I can't help you with the VW question but I do like those bikes
(and the cars are pretty nice too).

Good Luck

I don't know how much information you will find on U.S. based web sites regarding variable service intervals on Volkswagen cars. Our cars in the USA don't come setup to take advantage of the variable interval monitoring (WIV - Wartungs-Interval-Verlängerung).

You will find numerous oil analysis results on the tdiclub dot com web page but I don't know how relevant it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back