Formula Shell Full Syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, ive been a long time user of PP in my cars, but I cant seem to find it on sale very often. Im always on the lookout for just oil, since I have a ton of oil filters. Ive been thinking about switching to Formula Shell full synthetic, since costco has it for $22 for 6 quarts. Any opinions/users of formula shell?
Thanks!

It's a SOPUS oil so at worsst it is just decent. I'm running the dino FS right now and have no complaints. If I could easily find the FS synth I'd run it.

My Costco offers FS dino, no full synthetic.
They also had Chevron and Delo dino. The only synthetic was Mobil 1.

BJ's also has Shell Full synthetic in 5w30 and 10w30.
Its usually $30 for case of 6.
Its often on sale for $25.
And/or, sometimes there is also a $5 BJ's coupon.
$20 for a case, I usually grab a case or 2(once a year). I don't stockpile and now only buy what I need or use.

For $22/6-quarts, you should definitely put that oil on your shopping list if it meets your requirements.

Keep an eye on sales/rebates here as sometimes you can do better than the $4 a quart with other full synth brands and stores. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=9

Use / used SHELL Full Synthetic 5w-30 for many years in our cars , lawnmowers , and snowblower . Never a problem . Have seen some good U.O.A.s for it on this site . Can get it for under $3.50 a quart at times . Like the color of the bottle too
wink.gif

Last edited:
BJs new coupon book has a $7 coupon for 6 qrts of full syn so 24.99 less the 7 is a good deal. I have several cases now and it seems to run fine in a couple of cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back