Cheapest you ever paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and I am going to ask a silly/curious question here. I know here at BITOG there are a lot of fine gentlemen and women members(least I think). What is the CHEAPEST PRICE you have ever paid for a decent/[censored]/great motor oil per quart? Just curious. I remember as a young teen when oil was lil above 1.00$

let me know and thank you all here at BITOG in advance!

adam

The best deal I ever got, and it was thanks to BITOG, of course-.99 a GALLON for the Autozone closeout Delo 400 SAE 30-mostly CH-4, although I also picked up some CD-4 as well. One AZ store in Springfield, OH sold me 2 gallons of it for ONE CENT EACH! Short of free after rebate, of course-there was some PepBoys & O'Reilly's deals on QS & Valvoline Synpower that were that way, too.

Prices go up but it actually is a good time to find some deals, AAP AZ etc. are gonna start purging their SM stock for SN in spring. Just keep your eye out...(let me know if you find any deals)
45.gif

In Canada its next to impossible if not impossible to find oil for less than $2/quart
I did find no name oil at Superstore (appeared Sopus) for $1.99 a quart and I bought 5 or 6 not knowing how good it was.
That was bar none the lowest I have ever paid.

Synthetic the lowest ever was $14.99 for Motomaster synthetic. Cheapest I have ever seen full syn in Canada.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
The best deal I ever got, and it was thanks to BITOG, of course-.99 a GALLON for the Autozone closeout Delo 400 SAE 30-mostly CH-4

I was in on that deal too. Still have some and it's a great oil!

The last of the 5qt jugs of 10W30 Supertech (2 XOM and 2 WPP jugs) will probably get used this year. I bought those in '05 (the same year as the Delo SAE30 deal) for $4.96 a jug. Last summer I used up the last of my SL rated Supertech (QS version!) 10W30, which I paid $.68 / qt.

I had a pretty sizeable stash (just over 600 quarts) at one time and haven't needed to buy in a while. I did cash in on the Q-Torquepower $8 (and some $5!!!) jugs and a few Q-Horsepower 5W30 jugs as well. The last deal I found was last fall when a local auto store (CAP -> Consumer Auto Parts) had an oil/filter deal for $9.99, max 2 per person. The 5W30 I picked up is made by Ashland (Valvoline) and ended up being about $1.30/qt minus the cost of the filter.

just a couple years ago I stocked up on 5/20 Shell @.49 cents (after rebate) from Checker, we were buying Chevron at that price too, just worked through the Shell in '10 and recently I restocked with Citgo 5/20 @.59..bought enough for 135k..

trick is to keep your inventory low til one of these guys runs a lost leader then buy a couple years worth so you can wait for another promo..

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2120292&page=2

The cheapest possible was -$0.xx a quart Valvoline Synpower after 2 rebates, one from Kragen and one from Valvoline. You read it right, the actual cost was minus $0.xx a quart, another word is I got some changes in my pocket after 2 rebate checks came.

The next cheapest was tax and stamp for FAR Peak oils and Proline oil filters from Pep Boys. After that was about $1/qt Synpower after tax and stamp for rebate. The latest was Pennzoil Ultra 5W20 and 10W30 for about $3/qt from Amazon.

Overall, my net cost of various synthetic was about $2/qt, tax and stamps included.

My cost of 2 gallons Peak antifreeze I bought 3 months was minus too, after two rebates and $5 instant coupon at Ace Hardware.

I think it was 2005 when Exxon Superflo was on sale at K-Mart and Exxon had a rebate as well on the Superflo. Ended up being free after rebate.

IIRC Pep Boys had a deal on Peak Oil with a filter that came out free after rebate. All I paid was tax.

In Canada, in about 86, Mohawk gas used to give a free liter house brand oil with every (30 liter) gas fill.
Other than that I would often buy sub $1 oil (typically Castrol GTX) in the U.S.

I can get Tech 2000 (Walmart) HDEO for 7.50 for 4 Liters today!

Just last year, paid $52 for a case of Valvoline VR1 50WT. Got a $50 rebate from Valvoline. So, less than $3 for a case of 12 (stamp included).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back