Maximizing credit card rewards

I too use my Fidelity card whenever possible. Love it for large purchases when a card is accepted- the cash right to the brokerage account is sweet.

PayPal card at 3% is good too but seems I just don’t use it much anymore no particular reason other than consolidation

Lastly I like the Walmart Capital One card - buy gold from from Walmart.com and get 5% which can go directly against the balance
Gold, eh?

The best CC for me is Discover. It's the only one I use. Their cash back is always generous and it helps a lot when you add it to when paying bills. Customer service reps are US based.
Yeah look at the stand up of Russell Peters. "We can't understand you either. "

Funny last July we were able to go to Chicago RT $350.30, 3 people. Applied for chase united explorer, $250 statement credit. Bags were free for 2, also RT. We didn't use the lounge passes as we had 2 passes and 3 people. Anyway I just called to cxl before I get charged the $95 annual fee.

The woman after attempting to save the acct (they can waive fee but none of the benefits), she said what would you like to do with the $21,200 credit line? Transfer to another card?

I say hmmm...unlikely I would use it, but how about transfer it to the Amazon Prime CC. She says I will do that. It doesn't show online yet, so I called the 800# and found I have $31,700 credit available

I do remind myself with my newfound knowledge. Unsecured debt, which is not paid back, is in fact ultimately secured, by the courts.
:ROFLMAO:

Not lately

But nice discount if they are selling close to spot
Today I see maple leafs for 2047 with spot at 1955 ask…

4.7% over spot isn’t bad as b&m will charge more, and if you can get that premium back on the cc…

the issue is sales tax…

If I drive to Delaware and buy there’s no tax…

Yep, that well know finance guy (I guess we can't name him) seems to hate credit cards and is quite proud of the fact that he hasn't used one in yrs. I'm with the above posters - why not? Pay the bill in full each month and get rewarded for it - seems like a no brainer.

The card I like that I have not seen mentioned is US Bank Cash+ that gives you 5% on two categories of your choosing. Utilities are one of the 5% categories.

Back