FSC Additives Before and afters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the oil additives forum for example they have a few "Before and After" threads floating around.

Has anyone tested and shown before and afters with the Fuel system cleaning(FSC) products?

I also tried looking for other places that state "PEA" is the best cleaner but all I found was links to this forum.

So basically all I can find about all this stuff is "word of mouth"

Could anyone link some sort of tests?

Last edited:
I've never seen anything definitive but people tend to dump those in just before an oil change. I guess they don't want any of the nasty stuff that comes loose to be running through the engine.

My guess is a UOA after a dose of cleaner would show some excessive carbon or whatever.

I did an experiment (try it yourself in a safe place hopefully a friends house) where I lit some fuel system cleaners on fire to see how much black smoke (carbon) came off the flame. I used Prestone Fuel system cleaner, STP System Cleaner and SeaFoam. The Prestone was black until it burned off, the STP was blacker than black, and SeaFoam was practically smokeless. I have tried RedLine SL-1 (I think that is the name) which is supposed to be the king of PEA in my cars and noted little difference. The cars are newer though so maybe no problems. But whatever is in SeaFoam is a great product. I've Got to try that test with SL-1 and B-12 Chemtool.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I've never seen anything definitive but people tend to dump those in just before an oil change. I guess they don't want any of the nasty stuff that comes loose to be running through the engine.

My guess is a UOA after a dose of cleaner would show some excessive carbon or whatever.

I am not talking about UOA's I am talking about Pictures of all the carbon then after to see if the carbon was cleaned up by the cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back