P0455

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 Nissan maxima

okay long story but I don't wanna talk about mayb i'll tell u guy a little. Will somebody broke my control valve asslemby or purge valve whatever they called anyway after installing intake mainfold back so later I went to Nissan part n I got the control valve assembly so I put new one there.

After that I reset cel n drove the car n later came back n my gas cap is tight.

Are we suppose to put new hose which one was super glue on it or I'm okay with old hose n we did not put seal on control valve parts?

Wow, can you edit your post before the time is up so it is actually using proper English and is readable?

Attempted translation:

Vehicle: 2004 Nissan Maxima

Okay, I'll make a long story short. I don't even feel like talking about it right now, but like I said, I'll make it short. Well, somebody broke my "control valve assembly" or "purge valve" (not sure what it's called but hope you can figure it out) and it set a P0455 CEL, which indicates "EVAP Emission Control System Leak (Large)". Anyway, after reinstalling the intake manifold, I went to the Nissan dealer to get a new "control valve assembly" and I installed the new part.

After that, I reset the CEL and drove around, but later (presumably the same) P0455 CEL came on again.

Question: One of the hoses on the old "control valve assembly" was superglued on and I'm reusing the old hoses. Do you think I should put new hoses on the new "control valve assembly"? Note that we did not put a seal on the new control valve parts (NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS). Also, my gas cap is on tight, so that's not the cause of the CEL. Any ideas on how to go about diagnosing and fixing this problem? Thanks in advance.

Even with the translation I'm not really understanding it real well...
21.gif

1) Just because your gas-cap is tight doesn't mean that it's not defective.

2) The replacement part could be defective

3) You may require the seal/sealing agent on that hose for positive pressure

4) Your Gas tank has a hole in it or minor leak not allowing it to build pressure.

It could be a bunch of things... More information is needed.

Rohan- some more info needed:

1. Did the P0455 CEL only appear after you broke the control valve assembly and not before then? If so, I don't think it would be your gas cap- that would just be a strange coincidence.

2. Is the CEL you are getting now the same P0455 as before?

3. Have you tried sealing those hoses to see if that fixes the problem?

I think on nissan and infiniti's this code frequently refers to the purge valve located on the charcoal canister under the back of the car. Or plumbing to that valve from the intake manifold.

I got same code before n after n I can send picture of old part I'm talking about.

Can u give me email so I can send it to u I can't post picture on here cuz I'm using iPhone. So if u don't mind puting up here if u using computer.

I have never tired puting sealing on any hose.

Originally Posted By: moving2
Attempted translation:

Vehicle: 2004 Nissan Maxima

Okay, I'll make a long story short. I don't even feel like talking about it right now, but like I said, I'll make it short. Well, somebody broke my "control valve assembly" or "purge valve" (not sure what it's called but hope you can figure it out) and it set a P0455 CEL, which indicates "EVAP Emission Control System Leak (Large)". Anyway, after reinstalling the intake manifold, I went to the Nissan dealer to get a new "control valve assembly" and I installed the new part.

After that, I reset the CEL and drove around, but later (presumably the same) P0455 CEL came on again.

Question: One of the hoses on the old "control valve assembly" was superglued on and I'm reusing the old hoses. Do you think I should put new hoses on the new "control valve assembly"? Note that we did not put a seal on the new control valve parts (NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS). Also, my gas cap is on tight, so that's not the cause of the CEL. Any ideas on how to go about diagnosing and fixing this problem? Thanks in advance.

Thank for ur help since I'm not good at English writing. Thank u :)

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
I think on nissan and infiniti's this code frequently refers to the purge valve located on the charcoal canister under the back of the car. Or plumbing to that valve from the intake manifold.

idk where's located on back of the car but I replaced the one go on intake manifold.

I know this is supid question but what does sealing have anything to do with hose n do I need to changed the hose which got super glue on it?

There's is 2 hose go to valve line.

Originally Posted By: Rohan
I know this is supid question but what does sealing have anything to do with hose?

Rohan- I think the confusion about sealing the hose comes from the vagueness in your original post. Can you clarify something for us? What were you talking about when you mentioned you were not using a "seal" on the new converter valve? Specifically, you said:

"n we did not put seal on control valve parts?"

Does the "seal" you mentioned have anything to do with the hoses? That will tell us if sealing has to do with the hose or not- we're not sure what you meant!

n do I need to changed the hose which got super glue on it

I don't know if you need to change the hose with the superglue on it.

^^^^

idk I mean do I or not need to put new sealing on control valve assemby?

Still unclear on what you're asking- are you asking if you need to put sealant between the hoses and the control valve assembly?

A bit OT but it pertains to the P0455 code. I got that code a few times with my Jeep, and didn't want to deal with going back to the dealer.

Long story short after checking under the hood for bad lines, spilts, cracks etc, I discovered that my Jeep shouldn't be topped up when I get gas. If the pump clicks at $25.39, I now top up to $25.40, or $25.50, not $26.00. It took me a while to figure this out, since my newest vehicle prior to the 08 Jeep is vinatage 1993. It solved my problem, and I thought was worth mentioning. I think some cars are more sensitive than others with tripping the CEL with a P0455 code. Bottom line is this, if you are one of those people that likes to really fill a gas tank, try doing what I mentioned instead, after clearing the code.

^^^^ I never fillup my tanks cuz I drive 100 miles per day so everyday I be puting 3-5 gallons a days.

U think I need to put new hose which got super glue on it I mean do I need to replace that hose with new one?

Try a new hose see what happens. Check all connections, for a good tight fit, no split hoses, no cracks. If that doesn't work you'll have to have someone smoke test the system to check for leaks.

As StevieC said the part could be bad, or the gas cap can fit tightly and still be defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back