Kawasaki repair manuals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to order the service manual for a 2007 Ninja 500r. The manual is part number now ending in -61 covering 94-09 models. But I can get the -60 covering through '08 for about $20 less. Does anyone know if when they supercede the manuals if there is really any revised or improved info for previous model years covered? Or should I get the "older" manual for less cost?

Always get the manual for your specific bike. In this particular case, I think you are OK with the cheaper manual.

Last edited:
Well the manual is the supplement and the specific manual called for is now 99924-1172-61 for models 94-09. Since the bike is an '07 the manual originally called for ended in -59. I was just wondering if any updates were actually added for previous models covered. I'm thinking no.

Supplements will have the specifics on newer models, usually minor changes.
The basics will likely be the same. The engine is rarely altered much from year to year, and even frame/chassis changes are slight/minor.
It is nice to have ALL the information but the larger book would be the first purchase, the supplement can wait 'till next month or next payday.

Just seeing the parts diagrams, on line and can be printed off, helps a great deal.
I use this one:

http://www.powersportspro.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/9/Kawasaki.aspx

Yeah I have the main manual but it really doesn't cover a lot specific to the Ninja. In the Ninjas case I don't know how much was changed between 94-09'. Kawaswaki release a new supplement every year, and might have updates for the newest model year. But I was wondering if any useful revisions are added for the previous models covered. I'm guessing not but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back