Does anyone know older HP/Agilent/Keysight Test and Measuring Equipment?

Putting this under the tool section since that seems the most fitting place.

Basically, I'm looking to get a high end/high quality bench PSU and potentially a multimeter to pair with it.

I'm mostly looking at older models of HP for these, although sometimes they show up with the Agilent or Keysight name(Agilent was the ~2000 spin-off of the test, measuring and scientific equipment from HP, Keysight came a few years later when Agilent spun test/measure off from scientific).

The models I'm targeting have HPIB interfaces for connection to an external controller, or presumably a computer. I'm very familiar with HPIB on other HP and Agilent equipment, and am well equipped with era appropriate computers and interface cards to "talk" to 80s/90s HP equipment. And, yes, if the other equipment is like GCs and LCs, I am aware that you must use an Hewlett-Packard HPIB card in the computer(I have several 82335 cards and an 82350 on hand plus an 82341C I could grab if needed, so am well covered there).

The issue is that I can't find reference to HP software that would control these. There are some modern solutions that do data logging and such from them, but my experience with other HP stuff(like gas chromatographs) is that even if the HP software can be sort of clunky, ultimately I find it to be the best solution to control everything.

One of the models I've looked at is the 6633A, although I'm not 100% sold as I'd like something that can deliver more than 2A. Still, though, it's a starting point for me for research. The manual mentions an HP200 controller for it, which of course I can't find a lot of reference to.

So, to summarize my question, is there HP software, no matter how old, that will log data and control PSUs like the 6633A and others of similar vintage?

Can't really help you here but earlier in my career I characterized CMOS on sapphire IC's on wafers using HPIB; fond and not-so-fond memories.

Back