Favorite cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not aware of that soy story. Is that guy Mercola on the up and up, or is this another Kevin Trudeau-produced conspiracy? Are soy bean products really as bad as they are saying?

Apple Jacks, Corn Pops.
Honey nut cheerios seem to hurt my tongue if I eat too much.
Generic knockoff of Lucky Charms. Comes in a huge bag and way cheaper too!

None of these "studies" appear to be very scientific. I think this topic is starting to rival colon detox and chelation therapy.

Well, even with DOZENS of links to sites all over the place that have nothing to do with mercola, some of you still like soy!

Might want to actually read some of the articles. The evidence is overwhelming, not just anecdotal. Everybody from PHD scientists to 20/20.

But the cool thing is you get to eat whatever you want! Mmmmmm.

http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I find eating about 4 times the "recommended" amount gets me to lunch anyways! For an all day breakfast I'll have my Quebec Lumberjack special, make french toast mix with 4 eggs and keep soaking chunks of bread until the mix is gone... A few slices of bacon and you can split firewood until 2 in the afternoon...

Awesome.

Yeah, cereal won't hold me over for long either unless I eat a box of it. Grape nuts excluded, that stuff sits heavy.

All time favorite: cinnamon toast crunch

2nd favorite: fruity pebbles

Current favorite: honey nut cheerios

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
oats are a grain. when you add a bunch of garbage and process the snot out of it, then it becomes cereal, see instant flavored [censored] for an example.

I agree. Oatmeal has one ingredient : Oats.

Another thing about cereal that's not good is that it's high in Acrylamide, a carcinogen that's formed when a starchy food like grains, potatoes, etc., are baked or fried. Cereal might taste good, be convenient, etc., but as far as healthy in concerned, cereal leaves a lot to be desired. It's over processed junk food IMHO.

I'd rather buy organic oat bran or oatmeal and add organic Thompson raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter or coconut oil, and whole organic preferably raw milk. Beats the heck out of boxed cereal IMHO.

Well I made the switch to oatmeal this week. It's actually pretty good once I figured out how to make it. 2/3 cup oatmeal, 1.5 cups water, a couple shakes of salt, zap it for 3:40 in the microwave at power level 8. A couple shakes of cinnamon powder, a spoonfull of brown sugar, and maybe a cup of our goat milk on that.
Costs far less than cereal does too.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
real oatmeal, cereal is garbage.

+1

Eating the box would probably be more nutritious than much of that processed, boxed cereal.

I prefer whole foods like oatmeal, rice, millet, etc. I eat shredded wheat once in a while. IMHO it's not as bad as that sugar laden junk.

Millet is GREAT! Raw milk is great - no need for pasturisztion now we are in the era of refrigeration. In a Pinch I'll eat Post Great Grains or Natures Hemp plus granola. Lots of bad sugar and sodium in 99% over processed junk cereal though - and not enough proteins! Cheerios are absolute rubbish and not to be eaten. Kellogg and GM make very poor food products.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
you may want to read up on the effects of ingesting plant estrogens.

Don't worry, I'm not offended by ignorance
I wondered why I had the sudden urge to go bra shopping
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back