Walmart - No Valvoline Durablend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grab a jug of the new PYB which exceeds current GF5 standards and boasts of cleaning out 40% of sludge in the first oil change. It may as well be a blen anyway, and probably is.

I sound like a commercial... or a broken record player...one of two or both..LOL

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Went to my local Wallys looking for Durablend and there was non there and no shelf space. Anyone else notice this?

my walmart only carries white bottle, maxlife and synpower. no durablend : l

GF5 = no need to for blends, and in many cases, synthetics. All you are getting is a pretty blue bottle.

Originally Posted By: dgee
Went to my local Wallys looking for Durablend and there was non there and no shelf space. Anyone else notice this?

Same here. Never seen DB at WM.

No Durablend here in our local WM either. I did see some quart bottles on clearance. I think those were 10w40 or something ridiculous like that.

Another vote for new PYB here. Closing in on 800 miles in the Protege 1.5L and it's still super clean. (Although the last OCI I did have MMO in there, not this time ((yet)).

Originally Posted By: dgee

Same here in Houston.

Been gone here for awhile. At least 3 months now I would guess. Gone from 2 different Wally's in my area.

One of the stores here had it for $2.87 a quart. A year or so ago they had the jugs as well, but cleared them out. Now the quarts are on clearance for $3.00

Nope, none at my Walmart. The last I saw was only 2 quarts of it on clearence, but even @ $4.00 it wasn't cheap enough for me to buy.

I wish I had access to those crazy deals everyone gets. After this run of Mobil 1 its all Formula Shell from BJ's. $2.19 a quart!

Valvoline does need to do something with their mid range product. MaxLife and SynPower get all the attention, market-wise and likely formulation-wise too. Maybe they are happy with the way VWB, ML and SP are selling and they don't push the DB at a retail level. ML is sort of their mid-range product anyway.

It is kind of strange, I believe most oil companies struggle with sales of the Hi-Miles and Blend products. We get things like Truck & SUV "Blend" and stuff like that. I never really buy that stuff unless it's on closeout. MaxLife basically cornered the Hi-Miles market.

fwiw, I used DB quite a few times before coming to BitOG, back in the '90s. I knew SP was a good product, and also knew instead of plain dino oil, a few bucks extra for the DB was probably worth it. In hindsight, SJ and SL dinos were not too great. DB had the A1 rating that others didn't at the time.

Just found out that a local garage chain, 'Gary's Automotive', offers an oil-change package with Durablend. Something crazy like $60, but still. it's the only place I've seen that offers it in a while.....

Grab a jug of the new PYB which exceeds current GF5 standards and boasts of cleaning out 40% of sludge in the first oil change. It may as well be a bled anyway, and probably is.

I sound like a commercial... or a broken record player...one of two or both..LOL

Last edited:
My Walmart still has 2 quarts of Durablend sitting there on the clearence shelf. It's been about 7 months lol. They never have prices on them though. There is old style PP 5qt jugs there too but no prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back