how is walmart goodyear viva authority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dime
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Yes, but good luck getting them to match a goodyear Viva tire.

Most of their tires are custom made for walmart, and are not the same ones that you can get from another shop.

true...and the majority of the viva line is junk. i've seen alot of problems with the viva 2's and the tourings

Makes sense.

Why?

most of the problems are seperated belts and uneven wear,they have a thin sidewall so they are also easy to puncture aswell.

but keep in mind i'm in a fairly rural area so you have people hitting potholes and railroad tracks at speed with their cars,not caring about bent rims until they notice something wrong.

Originally Posted By: Ike_Clanton
Viva 2 sidewalls definately ARE thin, no doubt.

Somethib to keep in mind, I guess...

walmart also price matches, so you can get a tire rack price on a tire from walmart.
That's new to me, I thought it had to be an advertisement from say, a Sunday Paper newspaper advertisement.

I know that's how they price-compare normal merchandise.....bring in a Toys R Us ad for the identical item at a lower price, and they will price match it.

That always had me curious though, cause I recall signs at my local walmart "We pricematch Tires, we will not be Undersold" and such....but then I always thought, most tire places don't advertise in the newspaper....lol. So how can they "price match"? (I know they won't price match over the phone...lol tried that already with other merchandise).

The problem I see is, Walmart's Tire stock seems to be dwindling, they don't do Michelin anymore, only Good Year, Turanza, Douglas, and 3 or 4 others....so very unlikely to find a tire rack tire sold at walmart....hehe.

Originally Posted By: taurus_sable
actually I have life balancing and warranty,

so I guess it applies to every stores nation wide? since I am moving from IL to NJ

Do I need to show the receipt for such service?
I get the lifetime balance and warranty on all my tires. And yes, it is best to have your receipt with you. They "can" lookup your details across the stores, but if for some unforeseen reason, technology breaks, or whatever and they aren't able to "find" you in their computer; the receipt will do just as good. Definitely safer that way! :)

I keep all my receipts in 2 envelopes in the glovebox, makes it easy to keep track of that stuff :)

Last edited:
alot of the better tires have to be special ordered but can still usually be price matched.

the authority is a decent tire,don't have very many warranty returns. walmart also price matches, so you can get a tire rack price on a tire from walmart. the add on prices are $5.00 balance,$7.50 lifetime balance/rotate,$10.00 road hazard.

Walmart Goodyear tires are NOT warranted by Goodyear. Walmart has to warranty them and they will not give you a warranty form. Just ask them, I have already been through this.

I suspect that these are Goodyear seconds or blems. I had 2 separated belts on 4 tires -- yuck !!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zedhed
I suspect that these are Goodyear seconds or blems. I had 2 separated belts on 4 tires -- yuck !!

The Viva Authority is ONLY sold at Walmart. How can they be "seconds"? Since the tires are only sold at Walmart, where do the "firsts" go? In the garbage? LOL

The sidewall styling and tread pattern are unique (though just slightly) to this tire, so it's not like they can make a defect Assurance Fuel Max, then slap the Viva Authority sidewall and tread pattern on it.

Originally Posted By: Zedhed

Your suspicions are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back