LUBRO MOLY 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Their PDS indicates only 3-7% mineral oil..........

http://www.chemical-check.de/clientversion/pdf1/956/1359LMUS_0005_21-01-2009_US.pdf

I'm intrigued by their products after the video posted in the European Motor Oil section. Who on here is using it? They carry my favourite grade
wink.gif

Uh oh, another 0w40 for me to try out (in addition to M1, RP, and RL).

They have some very nice 5w30 and 0w30 oils too.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
What is NAPA's pricing like on it?

NAPA has it for a reasonable price, $8/L (USD) I think?

Looks like it could be a sweet oil,made in Germany,any one know NAPA part number post it up,like to get a price.

Originally Posted By: daman
Looks like it could be a sweet oil,made in Germany,any one know NAPA part number post it up,like to get a price.

That's what I'm thinking. Currently running M1 0w40 and loving it..... Would like to try this stuff.

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
Any VOA's. I tried to search but came up dry.

I doubt it,,would love to see one too., i love 0wxx oil's...

Originally Posted By: Michael_P
Any VOA's. I tried to search but came up dry.

Not on this specific grade, but we have VOAs and UOAs of their 5w-40 grade.

I used it a few years ago in my VW 1.8T. At the time, the bottle's latest API spec. which was SJ. Even though it now says API SM, the toughest spec. it does meet is MB 229.3 which is also met by semi-synthetic oils (by Euro oil maker's definition). Since Mobil 1 0W-40 meets the tougher MG 229.5 spec. and both have similar viscometrics, there is more technical justification to choose Mobil 1 0W-40 IMO. LM 0W-40 did NOT provide better fuel economy or ferrous anti-wear protection (as determined by particles caught by magnets) than M1 0W-40. Actually it appeared that M1 prevented ferrous wear better.

LM does make oils meeting the latest Euro specs, like their Longtime High Tech 5 W-30. It meets ACEA A3-04/B4-04/C3-04 ; API SM/CF ; BMW Longlife-04 ; Ford WSS-M2C 917-A ; MB-Freigabe 229.51 ; VW 502.00 / 505.00 / 505.01. Humorously, it contains Group III. It is under their "Synthetic Technology" category.

A curious observation I made when using LM 0W-40 and 5W-40 is that they were the only oils to leave "fish eyes" on the end of the dipstick that was supposed to be covered. Fish eyes are like dry spots but instead of the spots being completely dry, they are only slightly wet. To me this indicated a low affinity to metal, as PAO is known to have. I thought these oils were begging for some esters or more of them if they were present.

The last time I was in Napa picking up some filters and a free hat. They had the 5W-40 for $38.XX, and the 0W-40 for $48.XX.

Well probably wont be trying any of this LM oil out little pricy!

just got back from my NAPA getting some prices for the 5L jug what i found are;

Touring high tech diesel 15w40 $31.80

Diesel high tech 5w40 $49.92

TopTech 4100 5w40 $36.05

Synthoil longtime Plus 0w30 $76.29

Synthoil Energy 0w40 $41.59

maybe good stuff but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back