Michelin X radial, Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The Michelin X certainly appears to be a solid choice. I wish I had bought them as opposed to the Kumho KR21's. The $ saved was not worth it.

I'm hearing more of that lately...

The X tires were put in my wife's 2001 Honda Civic and the difference was immediate. It felt like a new car. Road noise dropped DRAMATICALLY, handling improved GREATLY, cuts through water like nothing AND a very deep tread.

They're a little expensive though.

Total was $438.00 at BJ's with 'free' lifetime rotation and replacement (75K max on the tire)if they were to fail.

Overall, a fantastic tire. Highly recommended.

The Michelin X certainly appears to be a solid choice. I wish I had bought them as opposed to the Kumho KR21's. The $ saved was not worth it.

I think its pretty hard to say that unless you have had both on your vehicle.

I have driven the kr21's on a 2003 ford taurus.. they seem like a good all around average tire. The ohio winter didnt seem too bad either while not a snow tire I've had offbrand tires that were much much worse.

I had the x-radials on a 2002 sunfire and they seemed to be pretty much the same.. average in every way decent in winter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand

I have driven the kr21's on a 2003 ford taurus.. they seem like a good all around average tire. The ohio winter didnt seem too bad either while not a snow tire I've had offbrand tires that were much much worse.

I had the x-radials on a 2002 sunfire and they seemed to be pretty much the same.. average in every way decent in winter.

My situation was that I went to Costco for the Michelin X's. There was a wait so I went across the street to Discount Tire. I bought the Kumho's because there was no wait and they were cheaper. At 33,000 miles the Kumho's are showing serious wear.

Originally Posted By: Rand

What size on the sunfire? 15s< I'm guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back